2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,053 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone have the schematics for the foglights, headlights, and fusebox?

already have some lightforce 170 waitin to be installed during spring break

Peaty- i think im gona use another OEM fog switch for the rear one

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
Do the EDM/JDM Foresters get a rear foglamp?

Any pics of the factory setup?

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hondaslayer said:
Do the EDM/JDM Foresters get a rear foglamp?

Any pics of the factory setup?
thats what i was lookin in the beginning, but came to the conclusion the Rear fog light is on the drivers side like the hondas so thats were im gona stick mine when i get around to doin it

·
Registered
2008 FSXT
219 Posts
i will try and bring it to the body shop if they can do something about it. not really that flat though and since this one's from an older model euro mitsubishi lancer

·
Registered
192 Posts
i would have prefered to install mine in the middle but i did not want to take a chunk out of the bumber beam. on the side where the bumper cover is higher, the space behind is empty so thats where i shoved my light in. doesn't really sit flat...

later io found that hella makes round ones that might have been better.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
This thread begs for one of the european members to post where their rear fog light is. I don't recall seeing any pictures of euro foresters with lights attached the bumper so I'm assuming there are some vehicles with the lamp in the tail light housing, where it is supposed to be!

·
Registered
2004 XT AT
1,101 Posts
JM1 said:
This thread begs for one of the european members to post where their rear fog light is. I don't recall seeing any pictures of euro foresters with lights attached the bumper so I'm assuming there are some vehicles with the lamp in the tail light housing, where it is supposed to be!
Yes, it's in the drivers side tail light cluster. I think it's the lowest thing in that cluster.

-- Steve

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Hmm, so all we need to do now is find a country where they require rear fog lights and the driver's side is on the correct (left) side and then we've got the mount right there. Just need to wire it up.

Pretty much every country that doesn't have British roots falls into this. I wonder if we can just get the part number of, say, the Swedish driver's rear tail lamp and order it up.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT
219 Posts
^^that's a good idea since im having second thoughts of installing the rear fog lamp that i have since a forester specific one would be better

L

·
0 Posts
has anyone done a red light in the tailpipe deal? that might be fun for a few days.

·
Registered
06 XSL Automatic
382 Posts
JM1 said:
According to my manual, Australian MY06 model, the rear brake and tail lights are combined for vehicles with rear fog light. These fog lights replace the brake lights on models without rear fogs down the bottom.

Don't know how easy it would be to modify the lights to be similar.

T

·
0 Posts
This has been discussed before in the old database.

Australia (on most Forester models) uses double filament bulbs only on the top most part of the triangular rear lamps. The bottom receptacles are blanked off and not used (while there's notation in the owner's manual stating that these are used for rear fogs as someone mentioned).

U.S. models use the upper and lower receptacles of the rear lamps for parking and braking duties. Ever wonder why the 06 models are not chromed all the way to the bottom?

The bottom lamp location falls within the European standards. I forget what exact measurements for the maximum height off the ground, but it is 4 inches (minimum) away from brake lights to avoid confusion. The maximum wattage is 21W which the brake filaments are rated.

So you can either do 3 things:

1. Buy an aftermarket rear foglamp rated 21W max and mount it either below your bumper or through it.

2. Disable both of the bottom lamps for parking/braking duties and use only one side, whichever side you prefer for your country, for the rear fogs (using the 21W braking filament).

3. Wire the bottom lamps to do double duty as parking/brake and rear fogs.

I guess there would be an option 4 (for us U.S. folks) similar to option 2 except one of the lamps would be left in its oem configuration, which I think would look kind of off (no pun intended).

I did option 3 as someone else in Australia has done, except it was easier for me since the bottom lamp receptacles were already there. Works as normal as parking/braking lamps and as rear fogs when enabled. Clean, stealthy, and within the European standards (which we don't have any here in the U.S.).

·
Registered
06 XSL Automatic
382 Posts
This is funny only because I had been thinking about this on and off for the oh... past 10.5+ years?

When trawling for info, came across this thread which I actually responded to when my Foz was barely a few months old. :grin2:

This has been discussed before in the old database.

Australia (on most Forester models) uses double filament bulbs only on the top most part of the triangular rear lamps. The bottom receptacles are blanked off and not used (while there's notation in the owner's manual stating that these are used for rear fogs as someone mentioned).
I took a few pics of my driver's side rear light cluster (RHD), could use a bit of a clean:

A close-up of the bottom brake light receptacle:

Really don't know how it needs to be wired to get that rear fog going.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts