Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here....can't believe I've waited this long to register but I have been lurking for a while now.

Anyway, I have an 03 X and was rear ended at a stop sign the other night. It was a rolling bump, but unfortunately, he was driving a blazer, so his bumper/license plate was over mine. The bumper is fairly gouged, but there is no structural damage. I think it was mainly his license plate and plate holder that did the damage.

Anyone have any idea how much a new rear skin is? It's the X so it's not body color. I am trying to get an honest amount before going for the estimate. I'm in a situation where my lease is going to end soon and I have been trying to sell the car. UP until this incident, the car was accident free and now I have to disclose this to any potential buyer (because I am an honest individual...ehhem...)

Also, anyone interested in a low mileage (32k) 5spd Forester? :smile:

Josh

·
The convert formely known as Lexusfreak
2003 XS
3,970 Posts
Bummer bud, sorry to hear.......welcome to the club btw! :cool:

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
make him pay for a new skin, since it's not painted, I would venture around 300 bux ? that's how much an unpainted bumper for my honda accord was...

at that point, since it was a minor scratch, I wouldn't worry about disclosing this as an "accident" since there was really no damage...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts