Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear passenger doors on my 2018 Forester can potentially cause major door dings and paint damage to other cars because of its pointed edge near the wheel well.

Forester rear door.jpg

Does anybody know of something soft, like plastic or vinyl, that I can slip over that pointed edge so that the rear door does not easily damage another vehicle?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Base CVT
260 Posts
Some car dealers have small rubber "bumpers" that they put on car doors in the lots, especially when they have them packed in tight. This is to prevent or reduce lot damage.

OK, apparently I can't post a link so go on Amazon and search for:

(EDIT: fixed - the link works Kevin)

Sorry! Something went wrong!

ATMOMO Transparent Car Door Protection Bumper Anti-Collision Protector Car Crash Bar Anti-rub Decorative Strip Car Door Edge Strip Sticker Guard Anti-Scratch Protector Rubber

Or - FMtoppeak 8 Pcs Transparent Auto Car Door Edge Protector Scratch Strip Guards Bumper Kit Set

I wish the people who park next to me were as kind and considerate as you are! As careful as I am to park on the end spot on the outer fringes of the parking lot, inevitably I still get the dings and even dents. Grrr..

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish the people who park next to me were as kind and considerate as you are!
I just don't want the wrath of my wife if my Forester dings her new Crosstrek in our tight garage !!

Thanks for the Amazon info.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Base CVT
260 Posts
"Sorry, something went wrong" pops up. Even now that you fixed it, that message still shows even though the link works. Maybe I'm the only one seeing it? LOL

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Sorry, something went wrong" pops up. Even now that you fixed it, that message still shows even though the link works. Maybe I'm the only one seeing it? LOL
I subscribed to the thread and in my email it said:

"Like this: Sorry! Something went wrong!
Or this: Sorry! Something went wrong!"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts