Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester XS Luxury
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm wondering if you also have the (ugly) sticker in the car color on the backdoor at the bottem. The edging is very ugly because this is white and it looks like a scratch, but it's the egde of the sticker. According the dealer it belongs there and have to leave it there for protection.

Thanks in advance.
Theo

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
Not as ugly as you door will get without it, trust me

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
Yes, Mine was a very early '09 Forester that had the smaller shields on the doors. Subaru repainted both rear doors and put the new larger ones on and I like that MUCH better than the rock chips that were there.
By The Way... Major Kudos to Subaru for doing this without even the least grumbling or complaining. I showed it to them and they fixed it very quickly and no complaints. THAT is what I want to see form a car company! :woohoo:

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
Hi guys, I'm wondering if you also have the (ugly) sticker in the car color on the backdoor at the bottem. The edging is very ugly because this is white and it looks like a scratch, but it's the egde of the sticker. According the dealer it belongs there and have to leave it there for protection.

Thanks in advance.
Theo
Here is a tip for you regarding that "white" edge. The edge shows up remaining dust and residue from your wax either you or a car wash put on.
Get a "microfiber" towel and use the edge of your fingernail to go around the edge of the clear plastic shield. This will get into the edge that traps that dust and will remove it. It really shows up on the Red and Black Foresters and this trick works well for me.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XS Luxury
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a tip for you regarding that "white" edge. The edge shows up remaining dust and residue from your wax either you or a car wash put on.
Get a "microfiber" towel and use the edge of your fingernail to go around the edge of the clear plastic shield. This will get into the edge that traps that dust and will remove it. It really shows up on the Red and Black Foresters and this trick works well for me.
Oké thanks for the tip, i'll try this as soon as the weather is slighty better then the last couple of days. The snow over here is not as in Washington DC, but i'm really tired of it, i want to was my car :bling: and do some look-improvements on the exhaust :woohoo:

Theo

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
444 Posts
Yes, Mine was a very early '09 Forester that had the smaller shields on the doors. Subaru repainted both rear doors and put the new larger ones on and I like that MUCH better than the rock chips that were there.
By The Way... Major Kudos to Subaru for doing this without even the least grumbling or complaining. I showed it to them and they fixed it very quickly and no complaints. THAT is what I want to see form a car company! :woohoo:
You can thank the customer before you, and his lawyer. :)

There were a few cars lemon lawed because of this, believe it or not. Sad but true.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts