Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Lexus RX 350 8 speed auto
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How far does it read? If you are backing out blind, how far into traffic before it starts to read? And what is the range?

·
Registered
2019 Forester
159 Posts
Can't tell you exactly but if you are in a parking lot and a car is coming down the lane is seems to provide very adequate warning.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'd suggest not backing out blind but the system seems to be fairly cautious. Mine the other day alerted me of a walker on a sidewalk across the street who I saw, eventually, but didn't think he was anywhere near the kill zone at any point.

·
Registered
2012 Lexus RX 350 8 speed auto
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mainjon, did you have to pull back into the parking space or was the alarm early enough that the car wouldn't hit you?

Bill

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD
592 Posts
I'd suggest not backing out blind but the system seems to be fairly cautious. Mine the other day alerted me of a walker on a sidewalk across the street who I saw, eventually, but didn't think he was anywhere near the kill zone at any point.
I agree. I see people backing out relying on nothing but their mirrors and back up cam. Even with all the tech Subaru has I still turn my head to look. The tech is good but it's the other drivers I don't trust.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
159 Posts
Alarm was early enough - I wasn't really out of the space - put in reverse and if there is something or someone coming it alerts. Had a similar system in my previous VW but this is much more accurate and helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts