Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
07 fxt
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone with a lowered fozz installed rear camber plates.
our 07 is lowered around 4.25-4.5" and the rear is maxed out at -1* which is fine. but i want to keep the stock 17s and go to a 215/50 instead of the 55 and lower it more. its still too high and the tires are too big. and i dont want to run 18s.
so i know im gonna need more camber adjustment.
tien makes a decent looking rear camber plate for a good price about 60 bucks cheaper thant he cusco one.
and a whole lot cheaper than buying new adj control arms. lol

·
Registered
07 fxt
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about camber bolts then? They are cheap.
thats exactly what they are. Im not a fan of those.
^^ i was thinking the same thing. or get tires that fit....
I have no tire gap right now. my tires fit great. I want to keep the factory 17s and go with a smaller tire and go lower. i dont like the big fat tires they come with.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,212 Posts
If you care about handling I wouldn't go any lower. Camber bolts are fine if installed correctly and I don't think there's much clearance in the fender to use plates anyways.

EDIT: Nevermind I just saw the pics of your truck...

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
what suspension are you on now? i was just going to say if you go too low youll effect handling, but then i saw your truck from the other thread!

·
Registered
07 fxt
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you care about handling I wouldn't go any lower. Camber bolts are fine if installed correctly and I don't think there's much clearance in the fender to use plates anyways.

EDIT: Nevermind I just saw the pics of your truck...
ha whats that suppose to mean!
yeah this is the girlfriends daily driver not a race car lol. she doesnt drive through twisties on the weekends.
she likes her cars low. thats why im with her lol

·
Registered
07 fxt
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what suspension are you on now? i was just going to say if you go too low youll effect handling, but then i saw your truck from the other thread!
its got the cheap nex ss coilovers. which actually ride pretty good.
like i said its a dialy,grocery,dogpark,go to work car. thats it.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
Not sure why it needs camber plates, camber won't change much as you lower it further....camber bolts would do just fine if installed properly.

You saying your with the GF cuase she likes being in the car going d.....no sorry, stop there!

Simon

·
Registered
07 fxt
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure why it needs camber plates, camber won't change much as you lower it further....camber bolts would do just fine if installed properly.

You saying your with the GF cuase she likes being in the car going d.....no sorry, stop there!

Simon
nope i dont get those types of pleasures lol.
why do you think im on here or in the garage all the time. if i had that type of girl i wouldnt need a truck to build.lol
wouldnt camber plates allow me to go lower and get the camber within specs.
i dont really want to add more camber bolts to the suspension that just seems cheasy to me. unless you all think its ok.
right now my camber bolts are maxed out and i still have -1*.
i just want to put a 50series tire on it and keep the same gap

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
542 Posts
Do camber bolts serve the same purpose as adjustable lateral links?

My local tuning shop showed me some real nice links that are actually produced locally in Colorado. I can't remember the brand but I can ask if anybody is interested. We got on the subject because I was mentioning stiffer sway bars and the weak welded connection point on the Forester lateral link. These adjustable links have a nicely machined aluminum piece to attach the sway bar end links. The best part is these were in the $300 range for the 4 links. So cheaper than the STI links but with better adjustability.

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
Lowered that far the lateral links start pulling the bottom of the knuckle/spindle toward the center of the car rather than pushing it out (also why lowering it that much hurts handling). Camber bolts move the knuckle in the strut adjusting how far the top or bottom is pushed in or out. Basically the same thing as adjustable lateral links, without having to worry about messing up toe as much. Stock there are no camber bolts in the rear, so adding some should give you enough adjustability. I'd go for H&R camber bolts.
There aren't many options for camber plates in the rear unfortunately, most are $$ and some add about 1/2" to the ride height.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
With FM, adding camber bolts at the rear only replicates what is at the front already! Not sure how they can be 'maxed out' on the rear if there aren't any?

Simon

·
Registered
07 fxt
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the bolts that adjust the camber on the rear. they hold the strut to the spindle.
those are called camber bolts as well.
so looks like i will be getting some h&r camber bolts for the rear trailing arms.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,409 Posts
the bolts that adjust the camber on the rear. they hold the strut to the spindle.
those are called camber bolts as well.
so looks like i will be getting some h&r camber bolts for the rear trailing arms.
No they aren't. They are called bolts.

Camber bolts have an elliptical lobe. You can turn them to adjust camber. The stock bolts are simply bolts. No camber adjustment is built into their design.

H&R, Ingalls, SPC, it doesn't matter what brand. They all do the same thing.

It, ultimately, won't really matter. It won't handle as well as it could being that low.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
Agree with bacs you don't have camber bolts as stock, so get some!

You can't get camber bolts for the trailing arm, the trailing arm can't affect camber for starters!

You can't properly adjust camber on the lateral arms either.

Can I suggest you read up and understand what part is what as you're clearly struggling!

Either way, handling will be poor, you're certainly well into cosmetic mods at the sacrifice of handling/grip/safety.

Simon

·
Registered
07 fxt
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
im not struggling.
that bolt on the top of the spindle that bolts to the strut does adjust the camber when you get alignment. i know thats how i aligned it.
i know what im talking about. was trying to figure out whats the best solution.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts