Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 s turbo
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, i brought my fozzy in december 2009, i had to change the brake pads in march due to passenger side was completly worn but the drivers side was fine, so i took it to a garage and they said without removing the caliper off that it was ceazed and that 4t wud cost close to 250 pound for replace and fit:icon_eek: , i thought that was a bit steep so i took the car home and my brother and i got the caliper off and new pads on, my bruv said that if it was seized we wudntv bin able 2 open the piston as easy as we did, so i thougt problem solved, nope i had to change them again due to the same problem so changed the pads again, i dont want to keep buyin pads every couplf of months, is it a common problem wiv the stock calipers like the garage said, i noticed the rubber around the piston had a few little tears in it, cud that be the problem and is there a repair kit avaiible for the stock calipers, or is it fooked, if i got some used wrx ones would they fit straight on to the discs, thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
The dust boot is pretty important. Do you see any moisture (Brake fluid) leaking out of the caliper? If not, a rebuild kit will probably go pretty well. The piston and bore walls must be perfectly smooth with no nics or gouges. Also pull out the slide pins, clean them, and reinstall. It's rare, but I've even seen bent slide pins cause this problem.

·
Registered
99 Forester S
12 Posts
Hi there, I can't help with the diagnosis, did a wrx brake swop on my turbo s, fronts bolt straight on, rears need adaptors, bolt holes in different position. hope that helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts