Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '04 Forester was involved in a rear end collision recently. Accident happened late at night on a secluded road, and the driver took off immediately after. I took my car to the body shop, and they advised me to get a new bumper and asked whether I wanted an OEM or after/market bumper. I asked the guy to explain the difference, and he said the A/M bumper would be just as good as a new one, so that's what I bought! So - fast forward to when I picked the car up after body work: On the side where bumper was hit, there was a huge gap where rear quarter panel is supposed to meet the bumper. They then made 4 adjustments on the bumper and said they could do no more. The last adjustment was better, but I am not satisfied with that bumper at all. Frustrated, I said I wanted an OEM Subaru bumper. The body shop workers are now telling me that an OEM bumper will not fit right and that I would be wasting my money to buy one. They said older cars are hard to fit with new bumpers. I get the feeling that I'm not being told the whole story here. Would I be making a big mistake to get a new OEM bumper? Are older cars harder to fit? I know it will be pricey, but I'm prepared for that, so that's not an issue. Thx in advance

1 - 1 of 1 Posts