Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if any of the 22mm STI rear arb's fit on the 03 XT. Was told that one from a STI8 would but it's too narrow and the 'arms' are too long.

Regards Obi

P

·
0 Posts
Standard forester STi ARB is 19mm and i think was hollow!!, i have just put a 22mm Whiteline ARB on my STi this item is specific to the forester, contact powerstation 01684 296675 for details.
Simon

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought the STI8 arb, as I was told by a couple of people who 'should' have known that this would fit; and soon as I took the original off it was obvious that it didn't. The 'arms ' are not at right-angles but rather bend inwards slightly making the bolt holes 110cm rather than 114cm apart and these arms are 2cm longer as well. The car has the pillow ball endlinks and these would be badly offset if I tried to make them bridge the gap. However, as I stare at the problem a cunning plan involving the local blacksmith, a bit of unbending, hole drilling and re-tempering is evolving...........

·
Registered
249 Posts
obi said:
....as I took the original off it was obvious that it didn't.....as I stare at the problem a cunning plan involving the local blacksmith, a bit of unbending, hole drilling and re-tempering is evolving...........
Might be cheaper to go down the Whiteline route - then you know it will work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts