Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester S/tb
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this question as probably been asked a million times, but I have the memory of a Gold fish :roll: Have I read somewhere that the rear anti roll from the Impreza STi is a good replacement for the standard Forester item, or have I been dreaming again :lol: . I have a 1998 S/TB and the back end seems a little too soft. I have no intention of off roading so this car will only be used on the black stuff. All comments and advice are appreciated.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
3,144 Posts
yep. 20mm bar will drop right in. Do the droplinks while you at it.

Steve

·
Weasel Powered
62 Posts
stevem said:
yep. 20mm bar will drop right in. Do the droplinks while you at it.

Steve
I have been hearing about the end links breaking anybody else had/heard this problem ?

Nigel

·
Premium Member
3,144 Posts
I left the original plastic 'C' types on for 12 months or so , and they were sh*gged when I finally did the swap.

Steve

·
Registered
1998 Forester S/tb
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've bought the second hand STi anti roll and it has the 'C' brackets attached which are plastic, is it advisable to use different ones or are these OK? they look the same as what's already fitted to my car though.

Sorry for all the questions as I'm just learning and I don't know what fits what on these cars.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
3,144 Posts
you might as well strip them off now - they are no better than your current ones ...

Steve

·
Registered
1998 Forester S/tb
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stevem

OK, that's for the advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts