Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In last years MOT the garage said they these had slight wear.

So to preempt the next MOT I was going to purchase some before MOT was due, so that they could fit them during car service /MOT period.

Therefore does anyone have any recommendations where I can get some.
If so are there different hardnesses for such a thing and what does this do to the ride of the car?

cheers
ubdai

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,389 Posts
do you mean the drop links, they attach to the end of the anti roll bar and drop down attaching to the suspension?

if you do, whiteline do them or you can replace them for about £30 (if my memory serves me right) from Subaru.

I'd go with the whitelines ones. Scoobyparts Ltd Whiteline

the wire ones are alright and I think a fair few of us have them.

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you mean the drop links, they attach to the end of the anti roll bar and drop down attaching to the suspension?

if you do, whiteline do them or you can replace them for about £30 (if my memory serves me right) from Subaru.

Don't know really, not really a petrolhead.

All the advisory note said was
'Slight wear in both rear antiroll bar link arm bushes'

Does this answer anything.

ubdai

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,389 Posts
yeah there called drop links.

its like a weird shaped figure of 8 like.

|

one end fits to the antiroll bar which joints both sides of the suspension together via a bar and the other end attaches to the suspension arm.

its made of plastic with a rubber bush in either end, the whiteline ones are metal with a PVC bush in the end.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mikes firgetting that the rear is C shaped, but the same principle applies.

Ebay is good, or you can get replacement poly bushes or go straight to the whiteline option.

Subaru Impreza 93-01 WRX SPORT REAR DROP LINK RODS x 2 on eBay (end time 07-Feb-10 13:53:56 GMT)

Subaru Impreza X 2 Rear Anit Roll Link Bars Brand New on eBay (end time 28-Jan-10 16:01:55 GMT)

Couple of examples!

Simon
Are they the same on all forester variants or do they differ?
Need something for a 2001 Y reg S-Turbo UK version.

cheers
ubdai

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

How does the finished ride feel with the wire ones compared to the alloy /nylon style.

ubdai

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
There are also bushings that wear out that mount the ARB to the car. Generally they don't need to be replaced unless you start hearing some noises (creaks or clunks).

The actual endlink/droplink won't really have much of a noticeable affect in handling, they just connect the suspension arms to the rollbar, although I guess the stock plastic C rear links might have a bit of flex.

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are also bushings that wear out that mount the ARB to the car. Generally they don't need to be replaced unless you start hearing some noises (creaks or clunks).

The actual endlink/droplink won't really have much of a noticeable affect in handling, they just connect the suspension arms to the rollbar, although I guess the stock plastic C rear links might have a bit of flex.
I think I may go for just replacing the bushes at the present.
From what I see on the web there are different size anti roll bars and thus different size bushes.

Therefore what would a 2001 Y reg S-Turbo UK fozzie spec come with.

cheers
ubdai

1 - 17 of 17 Posts