Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring CVT
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I've been trolling this site like a mofo lately and finally decided to just register and start a new thread on my upcoming car build. This would be my first Subaru (always wanted to get one). I still own my 1989 240sx (aka Panda) that's all done up but plan on keeping that as a weekend warrior or summer car. I ordered the 2014 XT Touring in white with the popular package 1 and 30 (primarily for the push start and HIDs lol). Still have to wait around 2-3 weeks to get car in. Since I've been searching around the forums I've already ordered a couple mods.

Mods purchased/Installed:
-LED stage 2 white replacement bulbs for interior and license plate
-PIAA H16 19watt ION Yellow Fog Lights
-Sports Grill
-Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Liners
-JDM LED Front Bumper Inserts from japanparts
-STI Front Lip
-RS*R Springs
-No drill Front License Plate Bracket
-STI Rear Lip
-Yellow Fog Lamp replacement
-Tint driver/passenger front windows & sunroof
-LED DRL/High Beams
-De-badged rear trunk
-LED Door Lights
-JDM Fog Lights from japanparts
-Hella Supertones with harness & bracket from Subimods
-STI Flexible Strut Bar
-20mm STI Rear Sway Bar
-Cusco Street Zero A Coilovers
-Nameless Catback Exhaust
-Gram Lights 57C6 18x9.5 +40 Velvet Blue
-iJDMToy Cree LED Daytime Running Lights
-Volk Formula Lug Nuts
-Cloned TPMS Sensors
-Cusco Front Sway Bar
-Cusco Rear Sway Bar
-Cusco Power Brace Front Side
-Cusco Rear Member Side Power Brace
-Cusco Rear Adjustable Control Arms
-Cusco Rear Adjustable Lateral Links
-SPT Oil Cap
-SPT Battery Tie Down
-JDM Engine Cover
-DIT Emblem
-CVT Paddle Extenders

And some suspension mods as well. Pics will be posted as soon as I get the car and plenty of questions will be asked to those of you whom already installed the front bumper LEDs lol.

And I changed my 2014 to the 2015 Forester XT Touring. It's a tad but cheaper and the factory add ons I wanted will come factory installed so no paying dealer seperate let to install them.

-Shock Sensor
-Auto Start
-Popular Package 1
-Option 30 (HID, Keyless Entry, Push Start, Exterior Auto dimming mirrors with approach lighting)
-Door Sills
-Aero Crossbar
-Sports Grille
-Auto dimming mirror with compass
-All rear cargo nets
-Rear cargo bag

Can't wait...

·
Forester of the Year 2014
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,818 Posts
Nice list! Keep us posted. There's a DIY on the LED accent lights install on here. lcrazy created a thread. That's on my list too!

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT CVT
3,535 Posts
Sounds like a great plan. Good to see some foresters nearby. Hoping this summer to round up people!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys I'm actually excited sine it will be my first Subaru.

Sounds like a great plan. Good to see some foresters nearby. Hoping this summer to round up people!
Thanks bro. I was actually gonna contact you to see your whip and see if one day we could get together and help me with the led lights on bumper lol. Imma order them today. Japanparts says the delivery time frame for them are between 10-15 days. Wonder of it'll take longer. I wish someone stateside would just sell them. I'm also wanting to order the STI front and rear lower lips from them.

·
Registered
2001 Forester 4EAT
842 Posts
Reaper, I found these below that I am considering for my DRLs. Wondering if anyone considered these and dismissed them for some reason?
Think they're about half the price of the JDM and look like they have a more dense cluster of LEDs, but of course it's not OEM Subaru :)

LED Daytime Running Lights DRL LED Fog Lamp for Subaru Forester 2013 14 EX B | eBay

EDIT: beautiful S13. Those 350 wheels(?) look great! looks like an FMIC, did you turbo the KA or drop in an SR?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Reaper, I found these below that I am considering for my DRLs. Wondering if anyone considered these and dismissed them for some reason?
Think they're about half the price of the JDM and look like they have a more dense cluster of LEDs, but of course it's not OEM Subaru :)

LED Daytime Running Lights DRL LED Fog Lamp for Subaru Forester 2013 14 EX B | eBay

EDIT: beautiful S13. Those 350 wheels(?) look great! looks like an FMIC, did you turbo the KA or drop in an SR?

They look pretty decent. Although for that price I'd rather just order the japanparts OEM one. Which I'm about to do now lol. Thanks bro yeah a lot of hard work went into my 240. Did the 5 lug swap and went with the 350z rims.

Just ordered the LED grill inserts. Man that hurt the soul lol. I don't think imma buy anything for a while now lol.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT CVT
3,535 Posts
Its worth it. Let me know what I can do. When it gets warmer a bunch of us subies meet up in queens.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its worth it. Let me know what I can do. When it gets warmer a bunch of us subies meet up in queens.
I hope it is. It came out to $552 and change. I'm not too far from y'all maybe an hour drive so yeah I'm down. I'm just scared installing them since I'm horrible with electrical anything (well as far as car/house electric type things). And I tried to read your write up and felt exactly the same after reading it. Not getting it lol.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Didn't know that tinting the front windshield was legal anywhere.
Ha you caught my typo. I meant front drivers and passenger side windows. Although I can actually tint my front windshield too since I have a sensitivity to bright light I have a DMV tint exempt card that I use to keep having to show every time I was pulled over for tints. The cops stopped bothering me finally.

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0XT Limited CVT
416 Posts
First time I've seen these DRLs. I think I like them better than OEM. I may just order a set myself.

Heck... thought about it for a few minutes, looked at the pics again and then ordered set. Hope they arrive for my birthday.

·
Forester of the Year 2014
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,818 Posts
First time I've seen these DRLs. I think I like them better than OEM. I may just order a set myself.

Heck... thought about it for a few minutes, looked at the pics again and then ordered set. Hope they arrive for my birthday.
Nice! Please keep us posted on install and light output. :biggrin: They do look pretty nice.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Would def like to see the two close up to see the dif. If it was a little cheaper like $100 I woulda ordered it and tried it out instead of the oem one.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT CVT
3,535 Posts
Its hard to say since the oem is made and aimed to the floor. Both are pretty bright. I know the alternative is dimmable.

·
Registered
2001 Forester 4EAT
842 Posts

Ooh great, I don't have to be the test mule :) $200 vs. $550 is a pretty decent savings, definitely follow up! Hope they don't take too long to get to ya...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok just ordered the STI Front Lip from Japan Parts. The LED grill insert lights were just shipped to me by Japan Parts. Got the LED interior lights in as well as the Piaa Ion Yellow Fog Lights. The Weathertech floor Liners comes in tomorrow. Now just about 14 days for the car. Excited I am.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just purchased the RS*R Springs. This damn car needs to get here already..

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And I think I know what wheels I want to buy. The Rota Torques. I think it'll look move with the RS*R springs.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 362 Posts