Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm spending a few days in Scotland (mainly to get away from all the election [email protected]). The Foz is running well, and parked up at the hotel with a same year Legacy so we're in good company.

After a few jars of Innis & Gunn I started thinking about all the mods that you chaps have done to your Foresters and wondered why you didn't start with the Legacy instead? I mean, why take a car that was built to go off road and then lower it?

Answers on a postcard please ...

·
Registered
97 JDM S/tb Manual
1,570 Posts
Because

a) they are bigger
b) they are rare (turbos anyway)
c) they are a very different car to drive, twin turbos make the Legacy much smoother and with less turbo wollop!
d) they are more expensive

That do? :wink:

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
In the US they only made 1 or 2 model years of turbo legacy wagons. The only way to get a 2.5L turbo wagon in 04 was the forester. Also the forester is based on the impreza platform, so more choices for suspension and engine mods.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,614 Posts
Cos Legacys are common out here in the sticks where we live.:biggrin:

Nothing wrong with them though.

Regards.

AM

·
Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, that'll do thanks.

Back to the bar now ...:Banane35:

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
Main reason for me was because the forester is bigger in the back for't dog.

the legacies sloping back does actually mean there is less room in the back with the seats up.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Touring (CDN) CVT
123 Posts
All I can say is...

Mmmmm... Innis and Gunn... They are pricey here in Eastern Canada, but mighty tasty!

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
OK, few things....
99 on Leggy have different rear suspension so you can't use Impreza bits
Leggy turbo is import only and twin turbo, so muuch harder to tune and play with, also the valley of death is a pain.
Leggy turbo is higher insurance group
Foz is smaller, so more manouverable
Foz is better looking
Leggy's are for old men, (OK May have been a + factor for Brian, but not the rest of us LOL!)

Simon

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
The Legacy is less like an Impreza, so less tunable due to parts availablility basically. Shame though, cos nice motor !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts