Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Acura 2.3CL
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been poking about the forums, KBB, NADA, Edmunds, Autotrader, Cars.com, etc for used 06-08 Forester XT prices and info. The value of these seem to be pretty wide between Edmunds, KBB, what dealers are asking, and what members have paid here on the forum.

For example:
2006 Forester XT Limited
60k miles
Manual
Good condition

Appears to be going for about $17k at best online. If you base that on KBB, you're getting a great deal; however, if you look at the Edmunds TMV, it looks like you're getting taken.

What do you guys think is a good price and/or what have you paid for your 06-08 FXT?

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring CVT
235 Posts
i think edmunds is rock bottom price and kbb is where you start to negotiate down from.

check out this article: moneycentral.msn.com/content/savinganddebt/saveonacar/p139661.asp

check the "black book" for value too, which "many dealers use": blackbookportals.com/bb/products/usedcarhtmlportal.asp?color=o&companyid=IBMCU.COM

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT 4eat
130 Posts
i think edmunds is rock bottom price and kbb is where you start to negotiate down from.

check out this article: moneycentral.msn.com/content/savinganddebt/saveonacar/p139661.asp

check the "black book" for value too, which "many dealers use": blackbookportals.com/bb/products/usedcarhtmlportal.asp?color=o&companyid=IBMCU.COM
Yeah. IMO NADA is closest to what you should expect to pay at a dealer for a good well kept car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
For a reference I bought a 06' FXT, limited, 5-speed with 60k miles a year ago with a CPO'd bumper to bumper warranty for $14,200 which equated to about $15,700 on the road. IMO the price was at the bottom of the curve especially considering the warranty, I'd say a price of about $17k on the road is a decent price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts