Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 fxt A/T
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know bumping up my fuel pressure will make the car run significantly richer at a given pulse, but how hard would it be to adjust for this change in flow? I just started to consider this to give me a little bit of head room/safety for my recent vf43 swap and smaller 04 injectors. For reference I was reading this thread and got inspired, FPR increase (cliffs notes of thread: add walbro and dimple OEM FPR to increase pressure by 10 psi) unless any one can recommend a decent FPR.

·
Registered
05 FXT
1,540 Posts
In short, yes you'll need a tune.

In theory, it should be easy to adjust for, as in essence, it should act like a % larger injector, so I'd just change the injector flow value.

In practice, I'm guessing it doesn't act quite like above (though in general it should), and since you can't adjust injector pulsewidths directly, it will create some odd spots in your tune.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,841 Posts
In short, yes you'll need a tune.

In theory, it should be easy to adjust for, as in essence, it should act like a % larger injector, so I'd just change the injector flow value.

In practice, I'm guessing it doesn't act quite like above (though in general it should), and since you can't adjust injector pulsewidths directly, it will create some odd spots in your tune.
You might have to mess with the latencies as well, but like you said, injector scalar would be the main parameter needing to be messed with...

·
Registered
2004 fxt A/T
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Talked to my tuner and he basically iterated what the two of you had said. Basically calculate the percentage increase and adjust injector scalor by the same percentage. He said it should be relatively linear. Thank you for the replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts