Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid CVT
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a reply to an earlier post 'mykp' suggested I would miss my XT if I changed to a new non-turbo. One of my options is to keep my present 2004 2.0 XT for a few more years. One thing that is pushing me in the direction of a newer car is the fairly poor state of the seat coverings - particularly the front. I regret not buying leather and consider the cloth interior one of the Forester's weakest points.

Does anyone have experience of having a cars interior re-trimmed in either leather or cloth? What is the likely cost, were the results good and can anyone recommend a trimmer? I live in the South of England, but would be prepared to travel.

BTW, i have tried to find a s/hand leather interior on a number of occassions but had no luck. If anyone has one lying around or knows someone else who has please let me know!

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Good luck with your hunt Hector! I was trying to buy a 2nd hand interior for mine off ebay which didn't even exist. I have been looking for a year. Mine is SF5 so maybe you will have better luck.

I think AP has had his retrimmed in leather but could be wrong..??

Mike

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
not to sure on the floor plan of the XT but if its like the SF then the interior from an impreza will work. 4 bolts for each seat and out they come.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts