Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Forester XT Touring Auto
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll preface this by saying that I did a search to see if this had already been discussed and I came up empty, so if I somehow missed it, I apologize.

Where are you guys/girls keeping the serious stack of literature that comes with this thing?!

Everything (manual, quick reference manual, eyesight manual, navigation manual, quick reference nav manual, Bluetooth manual, maintenance/warranty book, warranty book update, tire information, etc.) fits in the black faux-leather folder, but it makes for a rather heavy brick that seems like a lot of weight for the glove box.

Do you keep it all in the vehicle (glove box?) or somewhere else?

PS If this is the biggest problem I have with this vehicle, it's going to be great!

·
Registered
14 Forester XT Touring Auto
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Josh, do you keep it ALL in the glovebox?

I guess the only reason I sound overly concerned is that my last vehicle had a similar amount of manual/books and it ended up loosening the glovebox, creating an annoying rattle.

·
Premium Member
2014 XT Premium CVT
191 Posts
I also keep the whole thing in my glove box. Other things include a flashlight, tire pressure gauge, pen, and a Swiss Army knife, all of which I keep inside a pair of gloves to keep from rattling.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited 4-speed Auto
1,979 Posts
Like another forum member, I have the .pdfs on my iPad. I also have them on my iMac. The hard copies of everything are in the folder and it's in one of the rear cubbies.

What I keep in the GB is a thin folder with the registration, insurance card and a photocopy of the title.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.0XT CVT
366 Posts
I keep mine in the tray that is under the cargo floor on top of the spare. It is still handy when needed, but frees up loads of space in the glove box.

·
Registered
2014 Forester xt prem Cvt
161 Posts
All mine are in the glove box. Along with multi tool, tire pressure meter, sure fire light, sharpie, ball point pen, disposable camera, a stick of gum, and some cotton balls. McGyvers standard tool kit.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.0XT CVT
366 Posts
All mine are in the glove box. Along with multi tool, tire pressure meter, sure fire light, sharpie, ball point pen, disposable camera, a stick of gum, and some cotton balls. McGyvers standard tool kit.
No first aid kit?

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0XT Limited CVT
416 Posts
Like another forum member, I have the .pdfs on my iPad. I also have them on my iMac. The hard copies of everything are in the folder and it's in one of the rear cubbies.

What I keep in the GB is a thin folder with the registration, insurance card and a photocopy of the title.
Where did you get the .pdfs? I've been searching everywhere...

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0XT Limited CVT
416 Posts
It wouldn't work for me, probably cuz I'm in Canada. Tried the subaru.ca web site again and found a way to download it from there. Thanks... I wouldn't have thought to try again except for your pointer. The download option was hidden in the oddest place. I've got all three now.

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited 4-speed Auto
1,979 Posts
Glad to have been of assistance and that you found the downloads.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Premium CVT
11 Posts
Like "The Sage" I keep mine under the cargo floor on top of the spare. This is one thick brick of an owners manual. I bet the manual to fly the space shuttle is thinner.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts