Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Subaru Forester. Not Turbo. Noticing an occasional rattling / vibrating sound, right side of cabin, both when idling or driving. Doesn't seem to be coming from underneath. Nothing loose in the cabin itself that would cause this...no real pattern as to when....any thoughts?

·
Registered
2009 & Jamboree Motorhome
347 Posts
I have a 2009 Subaru Forester. Not Turbo. Noticing an occasional rattling / vibrating sound, right side of cabin, both when idling or driving. Doesn't seem to be coming from underneath. Nothing loose in the cabin itself that would cause this...no real pattern as to when....any thoughts?
Subaru had a problem with the right door in the early ones.. Some thing in door did not have enough pad.. Can not seem to remember what, but do a search for 09 Forester rattle right door.. I seem to remember it was around the speaker or some thing. There is a subaru fix for it..

Snowdance

Flickr: snowdance38's Photostream

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,830 Posts
Mine had this righthand door rattle. I took the door apart per the Tech Tip (posted in the thread referenced above by snowdance38) and performed the fix myself. Not sure I would recommend do-it-yourself like this unless you're very comfortable taking apart interior trim pieces. Also, you *need* the plastic trim clip removal tool. I got by using a similar shaped plastic tool but it has to be plastic, any metal tool will dent the plastic trim.

Recommendation: Print out the Nov 2008 Tech Tip referenced in that thread, and take it with you to dealer and let them perform the fix.

I'm sure this is the rattle you're hearing. The plastic panel in my door had about 2 - 3mm of play in the upper right corner and I could rattle it easily with my finger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts