Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester X
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heart is seriously breaking as I am writing this. I just bought a '09 Forester last week, had 22k miles on it, some shallow scratches here and there, but otherwise fairly new.

I didn't notice the rattling noise the first time I drove it, started happening on the second day. It starts to rattle when I notice the texture of the road is rougher, sounds like plastic parts on either the door or near glove compartment area are not fitting well or loose.

I hoped and hoped that it would go away, but it is still there. Anyone had a similar problem? Is it something that could be covered under warranty? My car still has 3 year/36k mile warranty as well as 6 year/powertrain warranty.

TIA!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I didn't notice the rattling noise the first time I drove it, started happening on the second day. It starts to rattle when I notice the texture of the road is rougher, sounds like plastic parts on either the door or near glove compartment area are not fitting well or loose.

TIA!
hi Tia,

you are correct, you'll have to read this to fix it.

door trim removal pdf found here:
g'luck

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you do open up your door panels, i'd recommend to take advantage of having it open to install DYNAMAT (sound dampening material) and replace the stock speakers to something with better sound quality.

:biggrin:

i am driving a 2010 with 3000miles on it.. i haven't noticed anything but i am keeping my ears open for rattles.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
Welcome to the forum / family, Subie_Babie!
We have a great family and there is a LOT of great knowledge stored on here. If you have a question or need advice, look at the "search" button on the right side of your screen and you can probably find most anything you would ever want to know.
It sounds like you have the same problem a few others had with theirs - rattling in the passenger side. Look over the TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) and you might even contact your local Subaru dealer to see if they have a record of this being performed. Work with them...it shouldn't cost you anything.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks phill and ArcadeTom (btw, phill, my name is not TIA - it was short for thanks in advance, lol sorry for not making that clear ;)!
I am so relieved to know that this problem isn't unique to my car. This is my first time owning a Subaru and I wasn't sure if I was deceived by the dealers or not.

I will take it to the dealer and see what they say. I feel much better knowing that this has been fixed by dealers across the country.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts