Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had some disturbing news that Kevin has broken down in a very remote part of Oz, the Simpson desert , I think he maybe stuck there a while with engine failure .
This is going to be a very costly recovery ,so im wishing him the best of luck and that he is prepared for every eventuality .

·
Registered
2005 Forester STI Manual
140 Posts
That’s a bad deal.

I hope the ordeal is over as quick as can be, Kevin.

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
3,067 Posts
Sounds like a bit of bad luck, hopefully he wasn't out there solo.

How did you come by this information? I'm guessing bouncing a HAM radio signal off the moon or..........There's a carrier pigeon that deserves a medal !

·
Registered
2003 Forester AW Manual with low ratio
338 Posts
That's bad news for Kevin right now, but I'm sure he will get sorted and look back at it one day and say " what a bonzer adventure!".
Best wishes Kevin, get home soon, the forum deserves and needs you!

·
Registered
04 FSTi Manual
711 Posts
I get the impression that he would be prepared for most eventualities, so hopefully he'll be OK!

·
Registered
2006 Forester XTE 5 speed manual
284 Posts
Like The Tinman says - hope he has plenty of water with him. Always had the impression that Keven is well prepared, so hopefully OK.
@Kevin - if you are reading this, good luck!

Lockheed - I am impressed, what version of google maps do I need to get to zoom in on Kevin?

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,471 Posts
@Kevin has been in touch with the staff here. He's currently holed up in Alice Springs, waiting in a queue for the local dealership's service department. There's a convenient pub. He's OK.

No prediction as to the state of his non-Subaru vehicle.

·
Registered
04 FSTi Manual
711 Posts
sounds like you'll have an interesting story to tell when the dust has settled....

·
Registered
2010 Forester Diesel 6MT
880 Posts
20hr retrieve, caravan park, repairs...ouch! At least you're not licking your wounds...bank account might be though.

Very sorry to hear that Kevin. All the best for the recovery, repairs...and return! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,972 Posts
Thanks guys. I am comfortable in a caravan park awaiting news about my Mitsubishi L200 aka Triton ute today. I was traveling in a well-prepared group with sat phone etc. The tow truck took 20 hours to get me out.
In fairness that's pretty good. When my radiator blew last year the recovery truck took six hours to get to me and that was in Surrey. :lol:

·
Registered
2006 Forester XTE 5 speed manual
284 Posts
In fairness that's pretty good. When my radiator blew last year the recovery truck took six hours to get to me and that was in Surrey. :lol:
You did well at 6 hours - after all, your breakdown driver had to contend with roundabouts, traffic lights, clueless drivers of expensive 4x4, incompetent horse riders, wannabe racing bike riders, suicidal lycra clad runners, numerous old farts, potholes, roadworks, traffic police....not to mention my mate’s auntie Vera in her 1965 Vauxhall Viva :eek:

All Kevin’s driver had to contend with was a couple of kangaroos and lots and lots of flies :lol:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts