Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 X Premium
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone actually bought the 2009 Forester Rally Innovations Lightbar?

I want to get a light bar and have heard this is the only one that's really out in the US. I also heard it only has 2 mounting points which means it can shift...

Any info would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,522 Posts
I had the RI bar on my '03 and hated it. Yes it fit with my primitive skid plates, but it vibrated no matter how I adjusted it and never did fit right. Maybe it's better on the SH.

·
Registered
2010 Legacy GT MT
59 Posts
not the best fit, but mine was the first

i posted more on the fitment and quality in the other post on lightbars, but there are some fit issues, ie touching bumper skin, taking off soem paint, but it is sturdy, and it mounts at 4 points, so vibration does not seem to be an issue.
Here is the best pic I currently have.

·
Registered
2010 Legacy GT MT
59 Posts
new pic from the front

here is a pic i snapped today showing better the front of the bar. finally got the lights wired up...BRIGHT:woohoo:.

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,050 Posts
Hi.

I do not mean to dump on your purchase but the angles don't seem to match the lines of the Foz.

Your first pic: the bumper and the bar seem to be at different angles (the gap between bar and bumper get smaller as you get closer to the top)

Your second pic: the bar portion going up go in at a different angle that the line on the bumper.

I hope the fitment issues have been reolved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts