Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went on to rallitek's page and noticed that they sell a 19mm sway bar for the 09-10 Forester, but it's only labeled for the Impreza when you actually click on the item. Has anyone tried it out? I figured I would ask here before calling rallitek. I love the new Forester, but definitely would like it to be flatter in cornering.

·
Registered
2009 X Limited
141 Posts
I've been looking to change the RSB on my 2009 as well to improve handling. I saw the rallitek, but I didn't like it as much since it only increases stiffness by 157% from a 15mm bar (the forester has a 16mm).

I'm currently considering the Perrin which, for comparison sake to the Rallitek, is 205% to 340% stiffer than the 15mm. Again, the Forester has a 16mm, but I used these numbers for comparison to the rallitek data which only references 15mm OEM RSB.

The Perrin has 3 settings as well, so you can adjust to your liking. I haven't made a final decision, but I'm planning to get the Perrin next month.

Have you seen any other 19mm RSBs?

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't checked AVO, which I assume would be the only other company to offer one, but that Perrin RSB wouldn't be bad at all. I have upgraded with the 19mm bar from Rallitek before, when I had my 05 OBXT, and was pleased with it. However, since the Perrin allows the three different settings, it seems to make sense. I've ordered parts from them before as well and they are waaaay quicker than rallitek. I didn't realize the suspension was so unchanged from the Impreza that the same parts just bolt right in.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,986 Posts
By increasing the stiffness so much, what will the ride quality/handling be like?

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ride doesn't change at all. The car just remains much flatter in corners, decreasing body roll significantly. The only major drawback is if you regularly take your Forester off road (and even then - significantly off road), as your independent rear suspension loses some of its movement. Now, if you go too stiff, that can make the car slightly less predictable in emergency maneuvers, but going from 15mm to 19mm is perfectly safe.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,986 Posts
Ride doesn't change at all. The car just remains much flatter in corners, decreasing body roll significantly. The only major drawback is if you regularly take your Forester off road (and even then - significantly off road), as your independent rear suspension loses some of its movement. Now, if you go too stiff, that can make the car slightly less predictable in emergency maneuvers, but going from 15mm to 19mm is perfectly safe.
So, it solidifies the ride with a slight reduction in ride quality in heavy off-road use?

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that's a fair summary. But rather than say reduction in "ride quality" in off road use, I might say a slight reduction in capability. It all depends on where you spend most of your driving. When driving straight ahead you won't even notice you have it.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,986 Posts
I think that's a fair summary. But rather than say reduction in "ride quality" in off road use, I might say a slight reduction in capability. It all depends on where you spend most of your driving. When driving straight ahead you won't even notice you have it.
I am probably 90-95% on road/highway.

·
Registered
2009 09 FXT limited 4EAT 4eat
98 Posts
I run front and rear Perrin adjustable bars with swift springs and love the ride.
Like others say You only notice them when turning. with 90-95% road and as a DD stock endlinks should be fine, unless you are an aggressive driver.

·
Registered
09 XT
448 Posts
^+1
I run that set up except I have Eibach sways

if you had never been in a stock Forester you would think this is how the roll out of the showroom... the ride is that good.

if you are concerned with off road capability... just disconnect the sway bars at the trail head and you will get all of your flex back.

Also you may want to contact Rallitek to see if these actually fit. The wrx bars will make your endlinks bolt up crooked. We need sti bars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts