Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester AWP
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Just got my 2nd Subaru (the 1st was 20 years ago) & the CD part of the radio is non working but B4 my better half takes it out we need the code so we can get radio repaired.
I thank-you for any help you can give me.
Regards June westcottagelass

·
Registered
2002 Forester AWP
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Radio make

Sorry
it's got the following on the front panel
high power 4x35w
BQRS RDS Sound Processor
Subaru
June Westcottagelass

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,259 Posts
June,

The vehicle document package should have come with the radio code. If not, your dealer may be able to get it for you.

I just check the document's for my 09 Forester's factory radio/CD player... it doesn't have a security code.

Best of luck to you!
Jim / crewzer

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,073 Posts
I had a old '93 Hyundai Excel(aka winter beater death trap) that I had to get the unlock code for, as there was zero documentation that came with the car. Called a local dealer who said he could get the code but the policy was I had to prove ownership of the car(bring him a title).

I argued that it was a '93 Hyundai Excel and there are better radios then this to steal now days and all I want is KQRS(our local classic rock station) He gave me the code over the phone after I read off the vin.

Moral of the story, Call a dealer and have a vin on hand to give them.

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
If its broken, just get a new headunit. It will most likely be cheaper than repairing the old one and no need to worry about codes.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,859 Posts
I agree. It wouldn't be cost effective to have a head unit from an '02 repaired. You can find aftermarket head units that will out perform the factory/OEM unit for a way less money. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2002 Forester AWP
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank-you all, the cd player is part of my radio & a gud friend of my husband is a radio repair man & the guy we got the car off is paying for it.
June

1 - 8 of 8 Posts