Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Gunna get one. Not got one yet.
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Forester with the stock CD player. As we know its not that great sonically.

So I was thinking of getting a touch screen double din radio with navigation. Does anyone have any good recommendations. I want it to work with the steering controls, sound quality is important to me, and it mist not be hideously priced < $500.

Thanks for reading.

·
Premium Member
2012 2.5X 4EAT
908 Posts
I'd recommend taking a look on Crutchfield and Amazon and just checking out what stereos work for you. It's pretty easy to narrow down with "Double Din," and "Navigation." You'll get an idea for what these cost and what features they have. From what I've seen, $500 is not a "hideous" amount for a touch screen stereo with Navigation.

Personally, I like Pioneer headunits. They make some really quality stuff, but I've never used any of their Navigation. Some other good brands are Clarion, Alpine, and Kenwood. Everyone has their preference, though. Hopefully someone else will chime in and give you some specific recommendations, but in the meantime, take a look at Amazon and Crutchfield.

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Premium 5MT
31 Posts
I have the 2010 Forester, and replaced the stock system with a Pioneer AXH-x3500bhs (CD/DVD/HD-FM/Sat-XM). It doesn't have nav built-in, and that feature tends to be a pricey add-on. Especially considering that any iOS or Android smart-phone can link via bluetooth to play the nav audio over the car stereo. Oh, and I used the Metra Axxess steering control, which works perfectly with no fussing/programming needed.

Additional upgrades I made were replacing the speakers with Polk db651 coaxial speakers, and changing the DIN trim to the Japanese one that fits the aftermarket standard exactly.
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f77/speaker-install-polk-db651-my10-81167/#post897815]

My latest boost was adding a 4-channel Alpine MRX-F35 amp under the passenger seat for a bit more power, but I could have lived without it (I did for quite a while).

Let me know if you have any questions about upgrades, or would like feedback about ones you are considering.

-BS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts