Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I can only confirm, that my Subaru was fitted with an alarm System and also has radio theft protection.
The radio needs a 4 digit pin code, initially this is 0000, but it can be changed, as a result of a flat battery you will be required to enter the pin code, if imputed incorrectly 10 times it will block the radio.
The manual advises you to contact Subaru dealer with ownership details and they can provide you with a pin on their records.
Which I had to do after trying to remember what my pin was, the only issue is my radio remains blocked and has not given me an option to enter the new code they gave me.
I have tried everything, leaving radio on for several hours, disconnecting the negative on the battery, disconnecting the hole battery, still remains locked.
Anyone has any suggestions for a reset.
Subaru radio Nav-R45
Thanks

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Welcome to the forum bud.
My suggestion would be buy a new stereo as they're cheap as chips nowadays. Unless you're an audiophile like myself and spend just too much on ICE.

Good luck.

·
Registered
268 Posts
When you open the driver front door, there should be a white sticker with a lot of vehicle info. Sometimes there is a 4 digit code. Try that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Kerby,
I got that, that is the alarm code, which was given to me, but is not kept in the car.
I tried it 10 times, radio is now locked, was advised as per manual to go to Subaru dealer, which I’ve done.
They have given me a number they had on their system, but can’t guarantee to be correct as it may have been changed.
The issue is radio is currently blocked so not able to enter a number in, need to try to reset it so I get another 10 attempts.
I could buy a new radio, but would like to keep it as original as possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, does anyone know how to unlock code?
I had a number which I believe to be correct, tried 10 times and radio is now blocked!
Been to Subaru dealer with my paperwork which have provided me with a number, but not able to input it into the radio, as it remains blocked.
Was advised to leave radio on for several hours, this would then reset to input pin, stayed all night but still remains blocked.
Any suggestions, also tried disconnecting negative on battery overnight.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Gotta side with Highland Forry on this one, sounds like a new Head Unit is in your future.

How old is your current one ?

Have you tried removing the fuse if yours has one in the back? Then leave it a few hours.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts