Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5x Automatic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to replace my radiator due to the famous plastic crack at the top of it. And as a result, I swap in and I thought I connected all the hoses pretty securely to the new radiator. I go to take a test drive testing my new radiator & fluids out, I got exactly 2 blocks from my house and all the sudden the car stops. I press on the gas peddle and the engine revs up, it moves a little at a time, and finally won’t move at all. I mean there was and still is lots of pretty colors on the road being washed away by the rain.

How much ATF fluid could have been lost with an disconnected atf cooler line. I’m concerned with over filling my car with to much ATF now. I went for a drive warming up the atf and it seemed pretty high on the dipstick and that concerns me. Thanks for your help.

cubancig

·
Administrator
17,308 Posts
You could've lost a lot of ATF. If you've refilled and the reading is high when warm and with engine running you'll need to drain some off.

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5x Automatic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kevin. I have a question for you, I put my car in park and revved up the engine and my car felt like it was shuddering. What might cause this, and how might I be able to fix it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts