Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I got an 06 forester x and I'm changing out the upper and lower radiator hoses. I'm going to change out the clamps that came on the car (got it used dont know if or when the hoses were changed last). I dont want to use the worms because I had them tear the hoses on my old dodge so i was going to use the constant tension clamps. Was wondering if anyone knew what size I should get or what size the hoses are. I just ordered the hoses and am hoping I can get the clamps so when they come in I can just get to it. I figure I'd change them out being that the car is old and I'm unsure if those clamps will still have good enough tension for years to come.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
1,491 Posts
@dinogunny I've used the worm and OEM CT clamps both, with no problems. Gates also makes other types of clamps that are safe for all rubber hoses. Check the Gates website. As long as you don't crank down on the worm clamps too tight, you should be fine. I think the quality of the hose itself is even more important. I use Gates or Subaru OEM. Gates makes many of Subarus' OEM hoses and belts by the way.

·
Registered
2005 Forester Automatic
495 Posts
I could not get worm drive clamps to hold as well as the subaru OEM, so I switched back. I'd get subaru OEM. They seem good for the job to me.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,868 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
14,789 Posts
Double clamp them and don't make them over tight. That compresses the rubber and it has no room to expand and contract. Re-use the old ones. They are fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts