Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Sg9 Forester Sti manual
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 sti has started doing strange things the last few day.If drive normally for say 5-7miles when I stop I can hear the high speed fans on.If I keep the car running it will cool the car that much the gauge goes to the bottom.The car is not hot,the gauge never goes about half,the coolant is fine and oil is fine.Any ideas why the fans are coming on?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about the fan relay.Havent checked live data to check the coolant sensor but I'll look tomorrow.Any ideas where it is?

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,832 Posts
Coolant temp sensor marked 22630 on diagram below (P/N 22630AA160 or 161) in front of top crossover water pipe behind/beneath PS pump/alternator

It's a 2 part 3 pin sensor - 2 pins used for ECU input, 1 pin used for temp gauge plus earth through the sensor body. Hence copper washer.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Don I put the snapon on it today to see if I could see a coolant temp and it was reading ok.When I plugged in the two green connectors the fans cycled too so not sure.Ive a thermostat arriving tomorrow so I'll change that and the coolant and if no good then the coolant sensor possibly before starting to poop myself with a headgasket

1 - 5 of 5 Posts