Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:icon_mad::icon_mad::icon_mad::icon_mad::icon_mad::icon_mad::icon_mad:

Radiator went south and separated at the top on the way to my son's soccer game. On top of that, I am part of a ridiculously fun course design team for the first time for tomorrow's Monthly Autocross event.

Hacked off. :yell:

Luckily a fellow Autocrosser has offered up his F stock 06 Mustang GT so I dont have to sit out, which is extremely nice. What the hell do I do in a rear wheel drive Stang? :icon_rolleyes::shrug: Spin out? I am sure. The course has a multi-directional wagon wheel that the Foz would have loved. Damn it all.

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
Due to the aforementioned possibilities of "spin outs" you must have someone video you! :biggrin:
Then you gotta post the "spin outs" here!!!!!!!!!! :banana::Banane17::Banane28:

WE await your video....:mob:

:lol: :rock: :raspberry:

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got a call from another bud and he said I can run his miata in CSP. Foz be damned!

And oh yes, my videos with be full of learning curve carnage! :icon_eek:

I would say I will be hitting my first coneS of the season. :icon_razz:

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I had a stock cap on her. Why?

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
No I had a stock cap on her. Why?
those performance 1.3bar sti caps have been known to split the oem radiators as well. was woundering if you had one, that could have been the cause...

i cant wait to check out the vids, will do 2morrow - i always look foward to them!

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How'd you dig the miata?

Are you putting a stocker radiator in it or going w/ something shiny?
Actually it isnt mine but we found a CSP guy that roadcourses Sebring alot and he is in for a direct swap of the larger rad for his 1.8 rad so we can prepare it for STS. He has a Racingbeat front sway he needs to put in and hopefully soon there after a spec Miata intake/Fuji header. He really needs an alignment more than anything but with the Re11s it is on rails. I didnt get to drive it this event but I plan to next event in.....wait for it........Daytona infield roadcourse May 2. :biggrin:

those performance 1.3bar sti caps have been known to split the oem radiators as well. was woundering if you had one, that could have been the cause...

i cant wait to check out the vids, will do 2morrow - i always look foward to them!
Thx for that I didnt know that.

·
Registered
05 FXT
1,540 Posts
My Q's were in reference to the two different vehicles, sorry.

So yes, the first Q's was regarding how you liked the Miata. It's always fun to hear someone's opinion after driving Subaru's primarily. I took a local here and converted him from driving a WRX exclusively to an MR2 Spyder. He shortly sold the WRX despite realizing it was faster.

The second question is what variety of radiator is going to replace the one that just blew? Are you putting another OE into the gator wagon or going aluminum aftermarket?

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My comprehension is that great........

I am actively searching for a Miata chassis :biggrin:

The rad went and the Foz is the wife's dailiy so stock going back in. :crazy:

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts