Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just starting up on NASIOC for GC8's. If I didn't have Koni inserts, I would look into this. Maybe someone on here that needs coilovers can have a set made for our XT's. I did shoot them an e-mail mentioning the Foresters, but at this point, I want a set for my RS.

Gc coilovers - NASIOC

"You get what you pay for" has already been mentioned numerous times about these, but seeing that they have been around for a while and many other platforms have used them, maybe they won't be too bad.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may be right and you may be wrong. I just haven't had the time to research these yet.

Have you owned these? I'm just wondering how you confidently know THEY'RE JUNK.

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
These are the same as most other ebay coilovers for euro cars, made in china to whatever specs. Supposedly these are decently valved and sprung (relatively soft springrates for a coilover). and decently durable. They're basically going to be the same as megan racing coilovers, with cheaper components and cheaper finish. They are not rebuildable, and will most likely only last a maximum of 80,000 light highway miles (most coilovers should really be rebuilt every 1-2 years). They're just disposable cheap coilovers.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
$300 for coilovers ? hahahahahahaha ! Put it this way, the camber plates alone on my coilovers are worth about $450. This spring I upgraded the springs and went with a set of SWIFTS in the front, those were $200 for a pair of them.

Not to insult the OP but $300 for a complete set of coilovers ? I'd hate to see exactly where they're skimping to sell them this cheap when accessory parts for other coilovers cost as much or more. They have to be cheaping out somewhere, performance of the product, reliability, strenght, build quality....

If you only have $300 to spend on suspension, then stick with OEM struts and buy the SWIFT springs.

·
Registered
01 Forester L
8 Posts
I currently have racelands on my miata. I cant speak for the subaru ones but the miata ones are not horrible. for $300 you cant ask for more and when you consider how much you paid you feel like you got a great deal. They are soft as hell and dont handle like my old apexi coilovers but they do go low and they feel way better than stock. If you want to go low and dont care much about great handling (seeing any track time) these are for you.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
They are popular with VW crowd, if you want to learn about them you can try vwvortex.com

Konis are well-accepted as being some of the best dampers out there, I wouldn't trade them for the Raclenands (Tein Flexes -- maybe).

Stan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts