Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the these be used in conjunction with each other?
I would like to rock both... :)

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Me too! I had an idea to trim the stock mudflaps a bit so it just looks like a piece that supports the flap itself.. I'll have to draw up something later.

You know I'm sure we could anyway.. Just need to make some custom holes or something.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^^ Neoshi.. must be from the Bay to have the same great idea.. :)
Hmmm I am going to pull the trigger on some soon. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump.. anyone?

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
I am going to do it on my 2010 in about 10 minutes. The factory flaps are smaller on the SH however.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frito....... keep me posted. Can you post pics? Gracias amigo.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
I want to do this:

Basically the retain portions of the OEM splash guard acts as an aesthetic flow into the mudflap, while the RA mudflaps permanently replace the splash guard with a flexible material since my stock front ones scrape on speed bumps and would push into the rocker moulding.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to do this:

Basically the retain portions of the OEM splash guard acts as an aesthetic flow into the mudflap, while the RA mudflaps permanently replace the splash guard with a flexible material since my stock front ones scrape on speed bumps and would push into the rocker moulding.
Really some trimming would have to be done? I think it would be fresh if they just attached to the stocks, but would the RA extend below the stocks?

hmmmm

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
No you don't have to. For my ride height, I have to. If the RAs are longer than the stock ones, then I have to trim the RAs too :lol:

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh... LOL I am riding on Swifts... It should be ok.. what are you on NEOSHIYSMS

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Crucial Racing Springs + WRX sedan struts (soon to be D-Specs)... seriously about a coke can of ride height

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Crucial Racing Springs + WRX sedan struts (soon to be D-Specs)... seriously about a coke can of ride height
Oh,, yeah you might have to trim playa...
:)
I want d-specs/

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^^^ I do and have considered that option. I would like RA's and I could drop the stocks as well and just roll with RA, which would be fine. I think I will get the RA's and see where it goes.. :)

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Done. RA's On.

Conclusion for RA's with stock mud flaps. First the short screws seem a bit too short to go though both sets. This is no big deal but the more I looked at it I decided that it is cleaner neater look without the stock flaps on.

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
Here's a few pics of my foz with the IKEA chopping boards...

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Done. RA's On.

Conclusion for RA's with stock mud flaps. First the short screws seem a bit too short to go though both sets. This is no big deal but the more I looked at it I decided that it is cleaner neater look without the stock flaps on.
Hmmmm really, ok.. I like yours!!!! They really do look great.
When I get mine Ill post with and without... see what you all think.. :)

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The ikeas look good. How do they hold up in winter?>

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
No probs at all. They stay just as flexible as in summer and just need a wipe over to clean them. I had to buy 4 packs of the boards cos each pack has one light/medium gray and one dark gray, but then you'll end up with a spare set.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hmmm interesting.. :) thanks.. I'll go and see what's up with them.. for 20 bux... why not.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts