Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Turbo
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the hazard light switch light on the SF model up with the rest of the dash at night? Mine never has and its realy annoying me!!

·
Registered
2000 Forester
88 Posts
Yes it does. Mine burnt out a while ago and I haven't gotten around to fixing it.

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Turbo
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, time to start thinking about stripping the dash out so!!

·
Registered
2000 Forester
88 Posts
It isn't a big job, I do it almost every time I detail my car.
Here is a pict with the trim piece taken off:

·
Registered
1997 S/TB
245 Posts
FYI: I don't think you need to strip all that out for the hazard light switch. Simply take of the the top cubby hole and vents. It's a couple of screws.

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Turbo
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As always lads, great advise ,thanks.By the looks of that pic and through the search thingy I think ure right removing the center trim doesnt get to the hazard button.

·
Registered
2000 Forester
88 Posts
As always lads, great advise ,thanks.By the looks of that pic and through the search thingy I think ure right removing the center trim doesnt get to the hazard button.
Yeah, just realized that... oh well.

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
checked mine last night.... it doesnt illuminate either, will have a look today hopefully (if the wife doesnt drag me out shopping!)

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
any one know what size bulb illuminates the climate control on a JDM?

and how to get at it

cant remember from the last time I had the dash out, so its not obvious

·
Registered
2002 Forester L
8 Posts
Anyone figure out how to get to that hazard switch and what type of bulb it takes? now that I know it's supposed to be illuminated it's driving me mad!!!

I also need to get at my rear wiper, its seized up and driving me crazy as well...

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
I've heard of people in hotter, dryer, sandier countries using their left hand as a rear wiper. Hope this helps. :shrug:

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,926 Posts
Does the hazard light switch light on the SF model up with the rest of the dash at night? Mine never has and its realy annoying me!!

According to the wiring diagrams - yes its illuminated.
According to parts - no separate bulb is listed, so its probably a "take apart" replacement or a new switch.

Don

·
Registered
2002 Forester L
8 Posts
I've heard of people in hotter, dryer, sandier countries using their left hand as a rear wiper. Hope this helps. :shrug:
I've seen what you speak of first hand (pardon the pun) while driving through rural India, Not sure how that info is going to help me free up that rear wiper though...

Thanks anyway!!!

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,434 Posts
As Don mentioned above its a new switch ...I was at subaru yesterday and I enquired about it ...no seperate bulb you have to buy the whole switch.

·
Registered
2014 Audi S4 Black Ed Semi auto
439 Posts
Its easy to take apart, but a pain to reassemble. I did on a Classic Scoob about 8 years ago (twice, as I broke the first switch).

You can get a 2 or 3mm clear 12v mini bulb from maplins, with wire ends a bit like an LED.

The bulb carrier is a rubber holder and you have to wind the wires through some small holes and wrap them round so that it makes contact when you put the holder back in.

Its very hard to explain, but once you get it apart you will see how simple it is.

The switch actually has a Lexus logo on it, not that it helps.

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
same principle for other non-illuminated switches too, I hope...??? (on mine it's the headlamp adjuster 'wheel')

now my clock's failing, as is the heater control module lighting.

Knew i should've bought that XT instead. Damn!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts