Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the vf22 power package that's listed on here. What size are our stock injectors? (2007 FXT)
The pinks are 565's. Trying to figure out the pinks vs stocks vs what's absolutely necessary for this type of setup. The 300 whp range and 1/4 mile times high 12's if lucky is what my early goals are.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
your stock injectors are the same, 565cc and they are fine for any vfXX upgrade.. your "goals" are going to rest on your shoulders though. youll have to push the tune and youll have to drive the crap out of your car for 12s.

have you even read the how to make your forester as fast as an sti thread @ the top of this page?

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely. You gotta know it's a little hard to decipher the bs, the bragging, and the whining though. I wasn't posting to get questioned on my logic or goals, just looking for a quick answer-like the title said. Unlucky for me I'm not able to buy a complete turbo power package and just plug it in, unfortunately for me I have to plan and think this through.
With good input like yours, you may steer me from the vf22 and I might spend a little more time planning and saving, and just possibly, with some luck and said driving skills, reach my goals on an open-ended time frame!

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
High 12s will be tough IMO, our cars are the heaviest XTs out there. Also, our static compression ratio is 8.4:1 vs. the 8.2:1 of the '04/'05 FXTs and all STis, which makes it harder too.

It will be night and day from stock, though.

Stan

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm... I do see a few guys on here hit it, I'd like to as well.
Stan, you have a take on the VF22?
I have a lead on Slowboy Racing tdo6H 20G 8cm. Much higher price than a vf, but....
I will be getting the accessport in 2 days. I just might be happy with the stage 1 coming from my Silverado.

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia, V70R auto
2,885 Posts
Do it! Get a good custom tune with some race gas and you'll be in the 12's with a vf22.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Goodness, now you're talking race gas, where in northern Wisconsin am I gonna find race gas? I can hear it now... Bill, ummmmm... what's this 55 gallon barrel doing in the garage? Aah, nothing... hey... just let me know when you're getting low on gas and I'll take care of it, ok, and why don't you take my pickup to town, it's cheaper to drive?!!
Phew...
So I have 1 enthusiast for the vf22

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
Race gas can be bought at most tracks. Around here you can buy it from the pump at a couple gas stations near the local track!

With race gas and 21psi, I ran 12.9s with my VF39. That was without launching really hard either. ForesterSTi had a VF43? and ran highh 12s with a very similar setup. Not sure if that was race gas or not, but Bobby is a WAY better driver than I am.

With a good tune, practice and a perfect launch, I think 12.9x would be possible for you with pump gas and a VFxx.

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia, V70R auto
2,885 Posts
haha... you'd be surprised where you can find it. There's a place 1.5 miles from my house that sells Sunoco 100 in 5 gallon drums, and I live in a potato state.

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia, V70R auto
2,885 Posts
Race gas can be bought an most tracks. Around here you can buy it from the pump at a couple gas stations near the local track too!

With race gas and 21psi, I ran 12.9s with my VF39. That was without launching really hard either. ForesterSTi had a VF43? and ran 12.83 with a very similar setup and nearly the same tune.

With a good tune, practice and a perfect launch, I think 12.9x would be possible in pump gas with a VFxx.
I got my 12.9 on pump gas with my vf34. I said to use race gas for added measure and protection.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
I got my 12.9 on pump gas with my vf34. I said to use race gas for added measure and protection.
Race gas does make it easier! I hate lauching my car, so with race gas I was able to roll into the throttle slower and be easier on the clutch/tranny.

·
Registered
05 FXT Broken 5-speed
240 Posts
Goodness, now you're talking race gas, where in northern Wisconsin am I gonna find race gas? I can hear it now... Bill, ummmmm... what's this 55 gallon barrel doing in the garage? Aah, nothing... hey... just let me know when you're getting low on gas and I'll take care of it, ok, and why don't you take my pickup to town, it's cheaper to drive?!!
Phew...
So I have 1 enthusiast for the vf22
Is E85 available, in your area?
Absubtle
CO

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So touching the 12's are possible. I do have the auto which may be an issue, but I will see when we get there. E85- a little less prevalent than a few years ago, but available. However this is a little spooky! If it was the answer everyone would be on it, correct?

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,853 Posts
So touching the 12's are possible. I do have the auto which may be an issue, but I will see when we get there. E85- a little less prevalent than a few years ago, but available. However this is a little spooky! If it was the answer everyone would be on it, correct?
Nope. The majority of Americans are in debt up to their eyeballs too. Does that make it smart? :biggrin: There is a lot of ignorance about ethanol. My friend thought it was 85 octane because it was called E85 :shake:

E85 is good stuff.

I can't speak much to the auto, but if you had a manual, a vf22 on 93 should get you 12's easy. On 100 or E85, mid to low 12's....

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now I'll have to read up on the E85. I agree 100% with the misunderstandings about e85. I am included in people who don't understand it. I have asked real, working, certified mechanics about it, and nobody has anything factual to go off of, and none of them agree either. Interesting...
So basically, read, research, and go with your gut eh? Seems like the typical thing people are doing, and is working for a lot of them.

·
Premium Member
10,887 Posts
Talk to tuners and drag racers about E85. I first started reading about it 4 years ago on aircooled VW forums, people started running it in their N/A drag cars to raise the compression ratio. You will need large injectors to run it, but can run alot of boost without knock.

Brazil's cars have been running on alcohol since 1974.

EDIT: check out this thread. Ed is a very-well known Bay Area street tuner who knows his stuff. We only have crappy 91 octane here, so E85 is our ticket -- can't wait for a station to be available in San Francisco area. The dyno figures on Ed's chart are "real" figures, not the "inflated by 100whp" stuff.

Stan

·
Premium Member
10,887 Posts
The guy is an amazing driver and the STi's drivertrain is better, but, yeah.

I've decided to hold off on power mods till E85 comes, then just get larger injectors and take it to Ed.

Stan

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wanted to fire this thread back up with a different question. Is my 07 fxt top or side feed injected?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts