Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 forester auto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here, I see a lot of good stuff and will have a lot to go over when I can.

My question is where can I find the most aftermarket and stock replacement parts for a 2001 forester, I see lots of add ons searching google for newer models, but the first gens seem to be overlooked...which seems backwards.

I need a front bumper cover and have only found a few...mostly ~$200 or more...seems high.

There are lots of others things as well, naturally...but I guess I am looking for the "go to" place for Forester parts and accessories. Where do I find it?

thanks for any help.

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,621 Posts
Welcome. Glad to have you with us.

Could you please include a much more specific location in your profile (city/state). That way we can do a lot better helping you locate sources of parts and service, and maybe even volunteer to help out on the big jobs. And as always, we recommend our supporting vendor Jackie at Annapolis Subaru for all your genuine Subaru parts, regardless of model year. Be sure to tell her that you're one of us to get the best deal. 866 509-3019

·
Registered
2001 forester auto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the above tips.

I grew up with jeeps, Toyota land cruisers and mini trucks, all 4x4s...did a lot of work on them over the years, but was never interested in "cars."

Many concepts are the same, but I am shaky on the "car" side of things...and I have to say after looking over this site, some of you guys are crazy with where you take your Foresters! I'm impressed.

I have so many questions in my head, but I will try and only focus on basics at the moment...as an example, I'd love to lift up my forester an inch or two, add full skid plates, light bar, rack etc....but I should fix a few basic stock things first.

How do I trouble shoot the rear wiper for example? I assume the wiper motor burned out (all fuses look fine)

And another question, what do you think are the best 3-5 things...aftermarket add ons, or up grades for a forester...i.e. what are the first things you would do for your Forester if you had some extra $?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts