Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Auto
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey team, I've looked around the site but can't find any threads that talk about this.
I'm looking at a new head-unit for the Foz-specifically, a couple different ones from Pioneer. I'm interested in the AVH-X7500BT (single din with motorized 7' screen) or the AVH-5500BHS (double din). My question is this-- Is there a front face plate made for the Foz that would otherwise get rid of the gap left by a single DIN unit? I like the subtle look of the single DIN when not in use but I would prefer not to have a gaping black-hole in my dash.
Thanks for your help friends and sorry if this question is redundant...I couldn't find any answers in other threads.
Cheers:Banane35:

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Auto
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*Update

OK, So after looking back to 2008 posts I found some examples of a single DIN with a dash pocket below the HU. Ideally, I would like this space to be above the HU because the single DIN i'm looking at has a motorized 7' screen that pops out when in use (Pioneer AVH-X7500BT) and would extend above the dash if mounted in the top DIN slot. Can a DIN unit be mounted in either the top or bottom space of a DDIN bracket and the "cubby-hole" space moved accordingly?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts