Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of a silly question but I haven't been able to find the number online anywhere yet.

For the new 2009/2010 models how high is the top of the lift gate when its open? I know the top of the gate is higher than the roof of the car but if anyone who owns one could let me know by how much that would be great.

Question came about when I found out my brother can't open his new Kia Sportage's back door in his garage because it hits his garage door above. I think my garage is higher but I know both cars start out the same height before the back gate is open.

Has anyone had trouble opening the back gate in the garage?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2009 Forester Premium
30 Posts
OK so I just went out to my garage. It is not a large garage but the ceiling height is 8ft 1in.
The lift gate when opened is 6ft 6in. Maybe a few more inches in the middle of the gate near the wiper blade. Hopes this is a help. BTW my forester is an 09 premium with 17 inch wheels.

Kevin

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's awesome Kevin thank you very much. I just went to measure my garage, the ceiling is just over 8 feet and I have about 7 feet and a few inches to the track for the garage door so that should be fine. I am probably a few days away from ordering a 2010 if I can get the price I want and this was going to bug me until I found the answer. I guess my brother just has an unusually low ceiling.

I told my wife that you went to your garage and checked and she couldn`t believe someone would actually go to the garage and check. I said that is the kind of people that are on this forum and drive a Forester...sooooooo...can we get one now? :)

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2009 Forester Premium
30 Posts
OK Corson27, we have given you enough time.
Did you get your Forester? And can you open the lift gate in your garage?

Kevin

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha yes and yes. Picked up a Red 2010 Pzev about a week and a half ago. It fits beautifully in the garage. So far I love it.

·
Registered
2009 Forester Premium
30 Posts
Congratulations! Did you have to beg real hard? And how does the wife like it?
Kevin

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Naw she really likes it. She was actually the first one to see the 09 in the parking lot and point it out to me. It's just putting out that much cash that hurts. But if it lasts me as well as it sounds like it should I will be very happy. My wife is very happy to have a lift gate because that was high on her wish list. She found getting the baby stroller annoying to get in and out of the trunk of the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts