Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Impreza
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a question for owners of the Factory sat-nav unit (such as the Forester XT Premium)

...Yesterday, I was looking at a fairly common marketing photo of the XTP dashboard with the sat nav installed. (city skyline at dusk through the windscreen).

The sat-nav screen shows three blue dials, which I presume are some sort of instant status such as volt-meter or similar?

So... What do the blue dials actually measure? and can they be changed to measure other things?

Also, what information does the trip computer (in the top of the dash) provide?

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
239 Posts
Heres a question for owners of the Factory sat-nav unit (such as the Forester XT Premium)

...Yesterday, I was looking at a fairly common marketing photo of the XTP dashboard with the sat nav installed. (city skyline at dusk through the windscreen).

The sat-nav screen shows three blue dials, which I presume are some sort of instant status such as volt-meter or similar?

So... What do the blue dials actually measure? and can they be changed to measure other things?

Also, what information does the trip computer (in the top of the dash) provide?
This is what you see when you hit the INFO button... several screens including the three dials...they can't be changed though... I haven't tried to figure out the service reminders, that's why they are all red.. the calculator/conversion thing is actually pretty handy..the three dials..interesting.. the trip computers are cool if you're into tracking trips/segments etc. The display on the trip computer mirrors the data and has three settings, one is the Odometer mpg, then trip A/B mpg.. overall with 50/50 mixed highway/local driving, usually in sport mode, having moderate fun my 17,000 mile mpg is 22.2mpg... not bad for a turbo I think. Hope the pics help.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Impreza
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.

I had a chance to drive an australian XT premium yesterday. The sat nav is pretty much as your pictures show except fuel usage is displayed in litres per 100 km.

I was very surprised that the sat nav does not appear to have a "tilted view" which 99% of other sat navs have (i.e. where the streets are displayed from a drivers POV).

There was a tilt button but when I pressed it, the touch screen physically tilted about 20 degrees back. I have no idea why such a feature is required. Glare maybe?

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
239 Posts
Yea the tilt control makes no sense to me. To help with glare it would need to tilt in the other direction. I had a vw that did the same thing and that didn't help with glare either. If it went just a few degrees (top tilted forward) it would be useful. Overall it's not a horrible unit. The Bluetooth works well, I added a backup camera that looks great eve at night and the nav has alway gotten me to where I wanted to go. I have a music Dvd loaded with a zillion tracks and that's a cool feature. With some cabling I have my iPhone connected fr tunes and pandora an can even play movies on the nav screen from my iPhone. It doesn't have amazing audio quailty if you're looking for loud. I added an amp and upgraded the front speakers and I'm satisfied. Next time I'd buy an aftermarket unit however, but I think with all of the addons and extras I'd get very close to the same $1500 I paid for this one.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT manual
1,452 Posts
Next time I'd buy an aftermarket unit however, but I think with all of the addons and extras I'd get very close to the same $1500 I paid for this one.
$4499 (or $4581.50 fitted) here as a Subaru option. I wonder how that compares with aftermarket?

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
239 Posts
Ouch - that's insane pricing for the US, no idea how that matches up in Australia though. If it were that price here, I'd be sticking a TomTom on the dash and calling it a day!

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT manual
1,452 Posts
It's standard on the XT Premium but I reckon it wouldn't get many takers otherwise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts