Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, This is only my second post on the forum, but I've been a viewer/member of the (old) site for close to a year & I have a suspension question for anyone with tein forester type s springs. I had tein type S springs & cobb front & rear swaybars installed last weekend & they have made a huge diference in the vehicles handling (05 xt 5 speed) but i've noticed that the vehicle is a little creaky now. The noise is a very low creak & you only really here it at low speeds (kind of when there is any weight transfer to the vehicle-for example when I get out of the vehicle it creaks, I only weight 185 pounds). I beleive it is due to the new springs but I/m not sure. Has anyone else w/tein forester type s springs had any similar results after installing these springs? Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
It could be the swaybar bushings. The bushings usually needs to be greased down when you install to prevent creaking.

Bland...

·
Mexican Lorider
2004 FXT 5MT
439 Posts
No creaking for me and I've had them on for about 6 months now. If it ends up not being the bushings, I would check if they transferred the insulators from the stock springs onto the Teins.

Your the only other person I know who has the SG S.techs
Who/where did you get them from?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys. I got the SG S techs from HP Autoworks. I'll check out both scenerios but the swaybar bushings would seem to make the most sense since they were replaced as well so that is most likely the problem. Thanks again for the quick responses.

·
Mexican Lorider
2004 FXT 5MT
439 Posts
IanN said:
Thanks for the help guys. I got the SG S techs from HP Autoworks. I'll check out both scenerios but the swaybar bushings would seem to make the most sense since they were replaced as well so that is most likely the problem. Thanks again for the quick responses.
Yeah, those are from the Group Buy I organized over on sf.com last year. Glad to hear that Andy (@ HPA) was able to hook you up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts