Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Forester and my sales person threw in the all season mats, but when I put them in, the backs didn't fit perfectly so I am thinking he gave me mats for a different Subaru, they were free so I can't complain. Anyone have them and do they fit perfectly? Also, where is the best place online to buy accessories like all season floor mats? Thanks!

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
Dumb question, but make sure they're not backwards. There is a left and a right, and the corners that are cut inwards face the front of the car, too.

Also, when you say "threw them in", were they part of the deal? i.e., Did he say "what if I can give you a set of mats, do we have a deal", or did you say "I'll buy it if you give me a set of mats", or something.

Because if that's the case, and you have the wrong set, you have the right to a proper set, assuming those aren't the right ones. Because, as my economics professor taught me, "there is no such thing as a free lunch", and the mats came out of the selling price of the vehicle, somewhere.

Like, it's physically impossible for me to "toss in" accessories, they always come out of the gross profit.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put them in the right way, they just don't fit like perfectly. Also, it wasn't part of the deal. I already made the deal and after it was done, asked him if he could hook me up with some all season floor mats and he did. Just looking for someone who has them to see if they fit perfectly.

·
Registered
2017 Foz 2.5i CVT
1,786 Posts
I put them in the right way, they just don't fit like perfectly. Also, it wasn't part of the deal. I already made the deal and after it was done, asked him if he could hook me up with some all season floor mats and he did. Just looking for someone who has them to see if they fit perfectly.
I believe they have "Forester/Impreza" embossed on the back. I have a set and they fit pretty well. Does the driver's side mat fit on the hooks on the front of the driver's seat? Do you have the stock woven type mats? I believe the all weather mats are roughly the same size and shape...

Although mine fit OK, they do lack some coverage; there is extra space around the gas cap release (maybe for a trunk release that is on the Impreza?) Here's a quick online photo of the mats.

The Subaru Parts Outlet, Subaru Accessories and Auto Parts Outlet : Interior, All Weather - Floor Mats - 2010 Subaru Forester [J501SFG200] - $59.95$45.59

Those aftermarket Weathermaster (is that the right name) mats that wrap up on the sides look like they'd work much better in really crappy weather.

George

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
Oh, well use the photo to check to see if those are the right ones. Or there may be a part number somewhere on one of the mats.

If he just hooked you up with some, were they brand new? He could have just given you some out of a used car and they may be Legacy or Outback mats, I think those are cut different.

Or you could just be overanalyzing the mats ;)

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,733 Posts
Also, where is the best place online to buy accessories like all season floor mats? Thanks!
Specifically for mats, I've been reading great things about the stuff from Weather Tech. Haven't tried them myself since we have the OEM mats, but I don't recall a single complaint about the Weather Tech units.

For other OEM accessories, I'd first take a peek over in our Supporting Vendors area. They give good prices, are knowledgeable, and help to make this place what it is so it's good to throw some business their way.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies, really appreciated! I am being anal about it, thats just the OCD:) Only one of the hooks lines up, so they are probably for a different car. They were brand new, still in the plastic. Oh well, I will just order them, b/c I need to have the mats that fit perfectly in my new forester. This is my first Subaru and absolutely love it. Just wanted it to be fully protected before it snows:)

·
Registered
2017 Foz 2.5i CVT
1,786 Posts
Thanks for the replies, really appreciated! I am being anal about it, thats just the OCD:) Only one of the hooks lines up, so they are probably for a different car. They were brand new, still in the plastic. Oh well, I will just order them, b/c I need to have the mats that fit perfectly in my new forester. This is my first Subaru and absolutely love it. Just wanted it to be fully protected before it snows:)
Might the salesman have just given you the wrong mats by accident?

You could certainly talk to him and see if he'll swap you for the correct ones. Like I said, I do think the Impreza (and maybe Forester) names are embossed on the back of the correct mats, and I seem to recall the part number on the plastic bag that mine came in.

Weather Tech is the name I was thinking of for the mats that wrap up the sides (thanks Dan). If you really drag a lot of slop in during the winter they will work better. After last winter, the carpeting (black interior) around the edges of my mats had a bit of mud/salt on it because the stock mats are so minimal in what they cover.

The stock mats (and probably all mats these days) have very little coverage near/under the gas pedal to avoid the Toyota fiasco thing....

George

·
Registered
2010 Forester
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks George. I think he gave me what he could get for free, he actually brought them to my office and I put them in later. He meant well and after some digging, it looks like I have Outback floor mats. I just ordered some. I really want the subaru mats that fit my Forester. The weather tech look cool, but I like to have matching accessories:) Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts