Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
06 X
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember on the old site there was a thread about sound deadening in the LL Bean edition cars. Does anybody know if the 06 Forester X LL Bean comes with a quieter ride than say a regular X??

Anybody with an LL Bean X want to share their experience on owning one?? My wife's saturn was totalled two weeks ago (she's on her way to recovery thankfully) and so now she's got her eyes on a Forester.. She doesn't "need" a turbo (her words, not mine :wink: ) but she loves the moonroof in my FXT and must have one. So it looks like we're gonna buy an 06 FX PP or 06 FX LL Bean... at least i'll have my FXT cause I do "need" the turbo :cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dad likes the LL Bean model but I prefer driving my 2000 L model.

I don't like the LL Bean's leather seats, automated climate control system, moonroof and self-dimming rearview mirror.

·
Registered
2006 LL Bean Forester automatic
59 Posts
I have an 06 LL Bean. Generally I like it. It is my first car with leather seats. I like the 2 tone paint and the "hard plastic" rear cargo area (I haul a lot of stuff).
I am kind of indifferent to the wood accents, but I guess they are OK.

The only problem I've really had with mine is the "high pitched fuel pump whine" that many other 06 owners (all levels) have. I am still getting that investigated.

I chose the LL Bean over the XT because I didn't want black leather interior, and didn't want to be required to use premium gas. Also I didn't want to pay the higher price for the XT (I got my Bean with many added options (sub/tweeters/bumper cover/all weather mats/tailpipe cover/cargo mat (though I don't use it)) for less than invoice of the no-option Bean. My 06 still has quite a lot of pep for not having a turbo (blows my former CRV away)

·
The convert formely known as Lexusfreak
2003 XS
3,970 Posts
The LL bean has the auto load leveling suspension does it not? :confused: Not sure how that affects ride quality one way or the other to be honest. ;-)

·
Registered
06 X
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input. I like the idea of the lined cargo area since I haul two mutts with me. They leave their hair all over the carpets in the cargo area of my XT. Anyway, we are re-evaluating our budget now; we might just end up buying a used forester.. not sure yet, but I appreciate the feedback.
thanks!

·
Registered
2006 LL Bean Forester automatic
59 Posts
Lexusfreak said:
The LL bean has the auto load leveling suspension does it not? :confused: Not sure how that affects ride quality one way or the other to be honest. ;-)

Yes it has the auto level "feature". It helps me because I carry a lot of band gear (amps, guitars, etc.) and some of it is heavy and I notice no back end sag at all from the weight.

·
Registered
116 Posts
We love our "Coche Frijol"

Ours is a 2005, had it for just over a year now with 9500 miles on it. In a nutshell...we love it!

The self levelling suspension really WORKS! I have loaded it up with over 600lbs of landscaping pebbles and sand and it was just fine. We also use it to tow our motorcycle/trailer combo (had the Subie hitch installed) and a month ago we towed a combined 950lbs plus had 4 people in the car over some serious grades with no problems in either the tranny or engine department!

LLB rear is easy to clean but we also have the luggage tray as we do put some crap in the back :grin: :grin:
Leather seats are very comfortable and are good for long trips without a butt ache. Sunroof is huge and we use it all the time...not too noisy either:smile:

Wifey traded in her loaded Audi A4q for the Subie and she has never regretted it or misses the Audi plus, she will tell you, she really loves the car.

We bought it because we are in Texas and only the LLB came in White with a pale interior. Great choice of colour and we also get good gas mileage too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts