Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 06 XT and i'm wondering what Kartboy products are compatible? I want the short shifter and bushings. What about the endlinks? Looking for a list of all Kartboy products that are compatible so I can just get them all in one order.

Thanks.
Todd

·
Supporting Vendor
2005 80 CC
550 Posts
toddlamp said:
I just picked up my 06 XT and i'm wondering what Kartboy products are compatible? I want the short shifter and bushings. What about the endlinks? Looking for a list of all Kartboy products that are compatible so I can just get them all in one order.

Thanks.
Todd

you might want to hang on about a week :) we should have our new rear droplinks avail then. the shifter super combo plus are in stock now and work great.

Tom

·
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. How much are the endlinks going to go for? I think $20 is a nice even number. :D

Can you give me a link for the combo and a part number? I see a couple of sets. I don't see many things specifically for the 06 XT.

·
Supporting Vendor
2005 80 CC
550 Posts
wrx_now_forester_xt said:
Tom - will these work with the '04's FXT's too...? Just wondering. Thanks. :)

yes they should work great on any I rear links for the subies
i've been testing them on my FXT for almost a year now.
the links are finished. i'm just waiting for the new hardware to arrive.

i'll be sure and post when they are avail.

Tom

·
Registered
2006 XT
671 Posts
Tom, Since sf.com is offline I can't quote previous posts but for my 06'XT I used the Legacy SS based on your recommendation. Of course it shifts great and I did f/r linkage bushings and the tranny bushings at the same time.

I did have a show stopper where the metal trim plate did not allow the shifter to go into 1st, 3rd or 5th. I needed to grind major metal. I have pics at home that I will attach tonight. Also the shifter ball would not pop out and I used the STI method of a clip pliers.

I was going to start a thread to see if other MY06 ss installers had the same trouble. Were they using the Forester SS or the LegacySS? Were they able to pop out the ball? Did they have to trim the plate? Spinning the plate 180 is not an option and is getto.

More later.

·
Supporting Vendor
2005 80 CC
550 Posts
Hi guys
yes the Rear shifter bushing seem to cause a problem on the new 06's. it is not recomended to install them at this time.
TODD i put the difference for the $$ in the package today.
the front shifter bushings will work fine with the short shifter.
if anyone has the rear bushings and wants to return them please email me and i will take them back. i'm looking into an easy solution to the problem

·
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much. Please let me know when the problem has been corrected and I will purchase the updated bushings. What did Subaru change between the 05 and 06 XT to cause this problem?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts