Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester Touring
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will obviously need to be done when it's darker out but can someone verify if they do or do not have interior lights for the window lock out switch located on the driver's door arm rest and also for the side view mirror switches located on the lower left dash, left of the steering wheel.

Thanks in advance...

- Noel

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
239 Posts
No light in mine, I had the same question. All of the other buttons light up, except that one.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Touring
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No light in mine, I had the same question. All of the other buttons light up, except that one.
Thanks for the reply, but which button are you referring too that doesn't light up as I asked about 2 of them?

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
239 Posts
That's correct - the side view mirror switch doesn't light up, nor does the window lock out switch... the window lock out I understand, but the mirror switch should have been made to glow like the others.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Touring
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's correct - the side view mirror switch doesn't light up, nor does the window lock out switch... the window lock out I understand, but the mirror switch should have been made to glow like the others.
Thanks Romclean. Since taking ownership of the vehicle 1 week ago, I had an aftermarket alarm/starter combo installed on day 4. The vehicle was too new to remember this light detail so I wasn't sure. I actually was worried that the aftermarket installer had cut a connection or something.

Thanks again. Now I could sleep better at night. :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
2010 Forester Touring
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just noticed last night that there is no light for the door lock switch on the front passenger side arm rest as well...

These small lack there of's would be nice but I'm truly loving this vehicle every single time I get in it.

It's just too bad we don't have much snow here in Toronto when we usually do this time of year. I really want to play...

Jealous of those in the east Atlantic.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
17 Posts
I have no indicator light to show what gear I'm in on an '09 AT console nor do I have a glove box light. I know there's a puney dash light when I'm in semi-auto mode but finding reverse is a chore since I'm used to a standard shift. Gear indicators have been around as long as auto transmissions.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Touring
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no indicator light to show what gear I'm in on an '09 AT console nor do I have a glove box light. I know there's a puney dash light when I'm in semi-auto mode but finding reverse is a chore since I'm used to a standard shift. Gear indicators have been around as long as auto transmissions.
Really? (regarding the no light on AT console, not on the dash right? where the transmission lever is) So when parking/driving lights are switched on you have nothing to look at? If so, you definately have a problem there because mine lights up...

·
Registered
2009 Forester
17 Posts
It lights up but does not indicate what gear I am in. Not so difficult to deal with now that I am used to driving the car daily but the summer car will be out of hibernation in a few weeks and the gears are much easier to feel with a 5 speed manual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts