Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2014 forester CVT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went in for a test drive at the dealership but they didn't have a base model, only a premium. I was wondering if the base model has the display on the center top of the dash with the 3 steering wheel controls that give you the gas-mileage etc. or if this was just a premium/touring feature? The dealer didn't know.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts
The 2014 Base model does not have the multi-function display or backup camera.

The 2015 Base model will have it, along with the standard back up camera.

·
Registered
2014 forester CVT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 2014 Base model does not have the multi-function display or backup camera.

The 2015 Base model will have it, along with the standard back up camera.
Well since I haven't saved up enough to get a 2014 yet maybe I should just wait for the 2015 and get a free backup camera and multi-function display provided they don't jack up the price too much.

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Well since I haven't saved up enough to get a 2014 yet maybe I should just wait for the 2015 and get a free backup camera and multi-function display provided they don't jack up the price too much.
Price for the 2015 is only $200 more than the 2014... not bad at all for the extras.

You will also have the option of adding alloy wheels and roof rails (possibly rear spoiler), none of which were available on the base model for 2014.

·
Registered
2014 forester CVT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Price for the 2015 is only $200 more than the 2014... not bad at all for the extras.

You will also have the option of adding alloy wheels and roof rails (possibly rear spoiler), none of which were available on the base model for 2014.
How do you know all this? Do you know what other stuff the base will have and how much more the alloys will be? Also the base models still have the audio controls right?

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts

·
Registered
2014 forester CVT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

According to that link, the 2015 is going to be over a grand more for the base model. 21,995 vs. 23,045

·
Registered
2014 Forester Premiun 6MT 6MT
98 Posts
Went in for a test drive at the dealership but they didn't have a base model, only a premium. I was wondering if the base model has the display on the center top of the dash with the 3 steering wheel controls that give you the gas-mileage etc. or if this was just a premium/touring feature? The dealer didn't know.
You get a display but it is different. 2015 are same. Look at owner manual.

Premium is volume model and will hold resale better than base.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i CVT
222 Posts
According to that link, the 2015 is going to be over a grand more for the base model. 21,995 vs. 23,045
The prices quoted for the 2015 include the $830 delivery charge it's not included in the 2014 pricing so you have to add it in there. The difference is $200 when that's factored in.

·
Registered
2011 2.5x Auto
346 Posts
Model info

Check out "cars101.com" for lots of photos and info on various Subaru models and years.

·
Registered
2004 Saturn Auto
16 Posts
The dealer didn't know. :confused: :shake: How lazy can they be - hope you do not buy from them.

·
Registered
2014 forester CVT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The dealer didn't know. :confused: :shake: How lazy can they be - hope you do not buy from them.
That's what I thought, then he checked for me and told me it did have it when it didn't. I thought, how could you not know? You're only job is to know about Subarus... that's it.

Does anyone know if the 2014/2015 premiums come with the moonroof or do you have to pay extra?

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5L CVT
4 Posts
Picking up my first Soobie this week

I went into the dealer considering the Base model, but for the price difference on the Premium you do get a lot of value. And of the nearly 30 Foresters being shipped to this dealer, there was only one or two Base models.

None of the items not included in the Base Model individually were deal breakers, but all added together with the moonroof, power seat, color display, alloy wheels, rear seat recline, color matched mirrors and you can't get the all weather package with the Base - which for $500 is also good deal.…..

I'm trying to decide now about the extended warranty. I read that you can buy it anytime during the initial warranty period. I won't drive that much - so anyone get the Gold Plus 7/70k for under $1,000?

·
Registered
2014 forester CVT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Subaru just put the 2015 up on there site in addition to the 2014, the prices and options listed are identical between the two years, what's up with that?

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Subaru just put the 2015 up on there site in addition to the 2014, the prices and options listed are identical between the two years, what's up with that?
The "Build Your Own" page shows the starting price for the 2014 at $21,995 vs $22,195 for the 2015.

·
Registered
2014 forester CVT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The "Build Your Own" page shows the starting price for the 2014 at $21,995 vs $22,195 for the 2015.
There's something wrong with the site, once you click the link for the 2014 the prices go up to 2015 prices.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts