Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting the OEM remote start for my 2014 Forester with EyeSight package. I would like to know what happens after the car is started with remote start. Do the headlights turn on or just the parking lights after it is remote started...even if the headlight stalk is in the off position and not auto? I have the OEM HID headlights and know that turning off and on the HID headlight shortens the bulbs and ballasts.

If somebody could describe or even better take a video with their:
-2014 Subaru Forester with EyeSight package
-Headlight stalk set to off (not auto)

Then describe what happens. I think the install instructions states the headlights turn on and I would like to confirm that.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,775 Posts
I would imagine with the headlights in the off position, they would not turn on. It probably just says that in the manual assuming the stalk is in Auto.

The DRLs don't turn on until you shift out of park, so they would not turn on either.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am thinking just the parking lights turn on when remote started. I have remote start on my Prius and it has the same smart key and just the parking lights turn on even if the headlight stalk is in the off position. I would just like to get confirmation before I install it.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
33 Posts
I have mine my lights set to auto. The lights will turn on if it is in the dark. During the day only the led c lights will come on. Thats after the horn makes two short honks.

I have the oem remote start and absolutely hate the fact that the engine shuts off and needs to be restarted once a door is opened.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts