Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise me? Yakima finally made pads and clips for their towers to fit our base model 09s. I plan on carrying a yak (or rack) and two bikes or 4 bikes.

Thanks,
Jeff
Ps: I have a Subaru base rack for sale if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
2 Posts
Landing Pads 11

I'm looking for someone who has used Yakima Landing Pads and Control Towers on a 2009 Forester. I was all set to put mine on today and discovered that the short bolts are way too long. They say to just keep adding washers to take up the extra bolt length. I'm looking to see if anyone has done just that (and not had problems!) or whether I can just find a shorter bolt. Thanks!

·
Registered
2010 XT
28 Posts
Hands down the Control Tower set-up is the better option. After 3 years on my 08WRX, when they were removed a wash and a quick wax was all it took to make the roof look new again. Was 100% solid the entire time I had it. Used to haul bikes and a roof box.

As for fitment, you could try to find a shorter bolt I suppose, but adding the extra washers is indeed a viable option . . . thats why they give you extra's. I had to add an extra one on the WRX when I used that set-up.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
2 Posts
Thx!

Yeah, I'd need about six washers for each to boost the bolt enough. They didn't include that many extra! LOL! I think I'll look for some M6 x 25s or some such before doing that. But, it may come down to the washers...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts