Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
04 FXT
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
As far as susp. I currently have rear (easy-off) Whiteline strut bar and COBB 25mm f/r sways, with soon to be added 215/55-17 Avon M550’s, and I will not be going over stage2 in mod’s for I like to keep my cohones intact.

Q: I want to install Forester pinks in the front ONLY(+ alignment).
Do you think it would be ok to drop the front and leave the back springs OE?
If so what kind of handling and/or safety concerns can I predict from this setup?

I’m looking for lower front stance that may give slightly better handling, and more aggressive look for I don't need all that stiffness of STi.
Not mentioning that I could save few $ in the process.

Could anyone advice?

Cody
04’ FXT 5spd.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
Changing just the front spring rate will change the fronts suspension's natural period. (time required for one full cylce of motion) If you change the front with changing the rear, you might introduce some pitching (forward and aft motion) at certain speeds.

My opinion: replace the springs in complete sets. The spring manufacturers have already done the number crunching for us to produce the best results.

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Northwest Tan said:
Changing just the front spring rate will change the fronts suspension's natural period. (time required for one full cylce of motion) If you change the front with changing the rear, you might introduce some pitching (forward and aft motion) at certain speeds.

My opinion: replace the springs in complete sets. The spring manufacturers have already done the number crunching for us to produce the best results.

Ditto!

·
Registered
2004 Sube slushy
566 Posts
Man, I thought you were appearing on an episode of "PINKS"...

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
I have to agree, use springs as a matched set. That's they way they were designed.

·
Registered
04 FXT
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, alright I was just trying to safe some $ for set of performance brake lines and pads.
I don’t know if I should thank you guys or wipe my self clean, but then again I was asking for it.
Nonetheless thank you all for the input.

Q: Does anyone know why OZ superlaggera's are being taken of the market? I was hunting for a set when I found out that T-Rack stopped carrying them.
It really sucks for these are bootiful rims.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
subxt said:
Alright, alright I was just trying to safe some $ for set of performance brake lines and pads.
I don’t know if I should thank you guys or wipe my self clean, but then again I was asking for it.
Nonetheless thank you all for the input.
I'm sorry if I came across a bit stern. Just trying to help. :grin:

With eMail and similar correspondence, there is a 50/50 chance that the recipient will not understand the correct tone of the message. :roll:

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
subxt said:
Q: Does anyone know why OZ superlaggera's are being taken of the market? I was hunting for a set when I found out that T-Rack stopped carrying them.
It really sucks for these are bootiful rims.
My guess is everything falls to the wayside. Just like Prodrive P7s.:cry: I love both the superlags and P7s. Nothing is forever. With market competition and a new day, new designs replace the old to appeal to the masses and sell. Just my business perspective.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
Did they stop making the superleg II also?

·
Premium Member
2012 GTI DSG 6-speed
1,463 Posts
subxt said:

To save money you could go with WRX wagon spring take-offs. I think SuperRu is currently using them as are others.

·
Registered
04 XT Forester Manual
27 Posts
Cody,

Here in Australia, we have self-levelling rear struts. I put the pink STi springs on my MY04 XT with the stock struts. Drops about an inch on the front, nothing on the rear. Hardly noticeable to most people. I like it the way it is now. Have 22mm Whiteline rear sway bar on the back and I can handle much better through the twisty bits.

Driving around quickly on bumpy country roads on Saturday with 50 other turbo Foresters, I would not have traded in my suspension for anyone else's set up.

Contact your local Subi dealer to see if you can get self-levelling rear struts like we have in Australia. Either that or log in over at gtrydaz.com. Heaps of guys in OZ have taken off their struts and replaced by coilovers. You might find someone who will supply a set just for the cost of shipping.

Nigel.

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts

·
Registered
04 FXT
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nigel, do they have to be self leveling struts? You don't think the stock/OE rear setup would be ~OK?
Besides what's the difference between USDM and Aussie Subaru susp?
AnyHway that's an Aussieome tip!
Thanx mate,

·
Registered
04 FXT
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tre36 said:
I hope you do not mean the ultraleg but the redesigned superleg a few years ago with a newer center cap (like yours).

Its no longer listed on there website.

http://www.ozracing.com/2006/pages/products/products.view.group.php?lang=en&collezione=racing&cod=&***_racing=Racing&sub_racing=&***_ultraleggera=Ultraleggera&sub_ultraleggera=SUB_ULTRALEGGERA&***_superturismogt=Superturismo%20GT&sub_superturismogt=SUB_SUPERTURISMOGT

What's currently in production on OZ's Racing line of wheels...

Ultralegerra
Superturismo GT
Superturismo WRC
Record

I'm looking for a single wheel...or even two 17X7/5X100/+48 Superleggera's. Has anyone seen them FS?

·
Registered
04 FXT
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Northwest Tan said:
I'm sorry if I came across a bit stern. Just trying to help. :grin:

With eMail and similar correspondence, there is a 50/50 chance that the recipient will not understand the correct tone of the message. :roll:

Just kiddin partner, I appreciate any remark and/or comment.
We're all family here, so if few deserve to be smacked around...so be it, it's all good.
Thanx,

:wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts