Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Forester XT 4EAT
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read from the wiki site, and any forester with this badge is rated @ 175 bhp instead of 170. Is this true or just more wiki nonsense?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just read from the wiki site, and any forester with this badge is rated @ 175 bhp instead of 170. Is this true or just more wiki nonsense?
I've seen this too, in various places. I really don't know.
My gut says it's just 170 though, and that's because I think all N/A Foresters in the US are PZEV, and it's listed as 170 on the Subaru site.
What it doesn't say is that the 170 applies specifically to PZEV models, so I don't think it's conclusive.

Maybe someone else will have better info?

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Gosh, I'd like to say the extra 5 hp comes from how the ECU is programmed to work with the cat and fuel injectors. I know fuel injectors are tighter on the PZEV...but really I'm shooting in the dark.

At any rate, if you go to subaru.com and click on forester, the fine print on the bottom of the page reads:

Horsepower for these models is rated at 175 hp @ 6,000 rpm. The manufacturer's PZEV emission control system warranty coverage is for 15 years or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first. For complete warranty information, including coverage and exclusions, see your Subaru dealer.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
Are the 2010 Foresters all rated as PZEVs?:icon_question:
Depends where there sold ..

heres the quote from Subaru's site.

Some vehicles are offered as a partial zero emissions vehicle (PZEV). Some Subaru models with the naturally aspirated 2.5 liter engine are available as Partial Zero Emission Vehicles (PZEV) credited Super-Ultra Low Emission Vehicles (SULEV2). Models which meet these requirements have a base MSRP that is an additional $300 and are distributed for sale in states which have adopted California Specification Emission Control Systems -California, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington. Horsepower for these models is rated at 175 hp @ 6,000 rpm. The manufacturer's PZEV emission control system warranty coverage is for 15 years or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first. For complete warranty information, including coverage and exclusions, see your Subaru dealer.

·
Registered
2012 Forester XT 4EAT
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My car feels faster already :) Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
5hp is 5hp... :woohoo: :bananapowerslide:

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x
702 Posts
I'll take 5 extra ponies anyday...although it's not often I'm up at 6,000rpm!
Steve
09 2.5X AT (PZEV --mandatory in MA)

·
Registered
2011 Legacy
1 Posts
Hi,

Does anbody know if there ia a PZEV to NON PZEV conversion kit for a 2011 Subabru Legacy 2.5 engine ? I know the converter is different, and maybe an ECM change, I know where to get this done, but looking for a less expensive method. Thanks. . .

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
294 Posts
Hi,

Does anbody know if there ia a PZEV to NON PZEV conversion kit for a 2011 Subabru Legacy 2.5 engine ? I know the converter is different, and maybe an ECM change, I know where to get this done, but looking for a less expensive method. Thanks. . .
Why, PZEV is pretty much meaningless.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts