Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.0i N/A CVT
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LS

As i live in Europe i am very interested in a PZEV badge to stick on my Foz. Where could i get/buy these ?

best regards from NL :Banane35:
Wim

·
Registered
2009 Forester Premium
30 Posts
Don’t know if you can get one. It is my understanding that not all Subaru’s are PZEV vehicles. And the ones that are have the badge put on along with the other makings. I see many with and without the badge. You may be able to order one from your dealer.

kevin

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,070 Posts
If you find a dealer willing to sell you one you are doing better then most. From what I have been told to obtain one from a dealer you need a VIN from a vehicle that originally came with a PZEV badge. This doesn't sound out of the norm until you hear the reason.

Subaru sells PZEVs in states that have adopted C.A.R.B. standards(California Air Resource Board), this being 12? states I believe. In some of those states that PZEV badge gives you special privileges, such as High Occupancy Vehicle(HOV) lane use, tax write offs/refunds, free parking......

Now Subaru(mainly) and the Government of those states don't want people going out and buying $6(yes real cost) PZEV badges so they can break a few laws to save time in their trip by illegally using the HOV lane or skirting parking fees among other things.

This doesn't stop you from:
1. finding a Forester owner who has a PZEV badge equipped Foz and seeing if they will let you use their VIN to place an order or having them order one for you and ship it out to you.

I don't think this^ one would be hard to do on this forum, we are a friendly enough group.

2.Finding a Subaru for sale on the web with a badge and using it VIN to obtain a badge.

As a note Ford also has a PZEV badge that they do sell over the counter with out issues, seems to be a commodity in the Prius forums for some odd reason.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
Contact Jackie at Annapolis Subaru. She can get you one and she ships overseas too!

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.0i N/A CVT
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your answers
best regards
Wim

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X SE
136 Posts
I just looked at the California Dmv website. In order to drive in a HOV lane your PZEV has to be a electric, hybrid, cng type. Not Gasoline only,and the sticker they issue is $8.00

1 - 8 of 8 Posts