Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Audi S4 Avant 6 spd Triptronic
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is this typical for Fozzy's to have no room what so ever when you put in a rear facing child seat? My wife is about to pop any day now, so I thought it would be wise to install the child seat. I had to move the passenger seat so far forward that only a small child could sit in the front. There literally is no room now on the one side of the car. And I couldn't install it in the middle, cause my seat had to move forward also....

Is this normal for everyone else with child seats?

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited
38 Posts
Yeah, we were looking at a used '08, but ended up buying a 2010 just because there was not enough room left with the car seat in the '08.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Not much room with the front-facing seat in the SG. Makes it easier for the driver to reach back there though.

Stan

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
Sorry to say but it is for this reason we sold out 07 outback. The rear seat room is not good. Thus the popularity of the 09 FOZ. Much easier.
Wait... the OB doesn't have enough room either?!?!?!

We have an '06 that we bought with the intention of not having to car shop when we started our family in a couple years....

I expected the Foz to not accommodate a seat easily, but if the OBW does, then that really sucks.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
My wife is 5'3, so I put the car seat behind the passenger seat in the XT, and the driver seat in X. Once we switched to frotn facing seats there was no problem.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It doesn't fit well, but it helps to shop for seats and carriers known to work well in small cars. So the Peg-perego carrier we used had the 05 Impreza passenger seat moved up so that my knees were JUST off the dash (I'm 5'8"). In the 04 Foz it wasn't bad at all.

Then the Britax seat in the Impreza had the passenger seat back about 2 notches from the carrier. Foz it was quite comfortable, a good normal distance. It was a really nice switch when we flipped it around forward facing 2 weeks ago though!

·
Registered
:(
471 Posts
Yep.. SF-SG Foresters are awful for car seats. Even now that my daughter is front facing, her feet rest rest against both front seats since I have her in the middle still. (I watched a horrific news report about kids who sit on the sides, so she'll be in the middle until absolutely necessary) I'm just worried about the day I want another, I will probably have to sell the foz =(

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,320 Posts
Yeah, that's why we sold my wife's FXT and got her a Honda Pilot. Bought the FSXT for me and I generally never have more than one passenger which is fine for me. Occasionally, I'll take my daughter in my Foz (she's forward facing now) and she kicks the seat in front of her.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
3,058 Posts
I put in a Chicco Keyfit 30 about 2 weeks ago. The front passenger seat can't be reclined all the way or pushed al the way back. If your passenger isn't 6' tall, it shouldn't be a huge problem.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
Is this normal for everyone else with child seats?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the seat. Our "baby" seat fit pretty well . I'm 5.7 and it would just barely touch where I was comfy sitting. Now the infant seat (have to check brand) was a tighter fit and yes it takes up lots of room but an adult can still sit up front if they're less than 5'10

·
Registered
2007 Audi S4 Avant 6 spd Triptronic
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks all for the replies, it is a Graco Infant seat. I was wondering if maybe its a tighter fit with the 05 WRX seats? I took some pics, I just need to upload them. But you can see how tight it is.

·
Registered
2002 S
2,695 Posts
Thanks all for the replies, it is a Graco Infant seat. I was wondering if maybe its a tighter fit with the 05 WRX seats? I took some pics, I just need to upload them. But you can see how tight it is.
We put my son's rear facing seat in the middle of my SF and it was fine. Now that our daughter is due any day now, she's going to have to be off to one side, hopefully she can fit behind the passenger side as I already have problems getting into my seat with how short I am and the SG FSTi seats sitting higher than normal :lol:

·
Registered
2013 XT
1,686 Posts
My Graco leave's almost no room between the arm rest and the back of the babyseat. But being almost 6' i can still have the drivers seat back far enough to be comfortable / even more if I needed.

·
Registered
2013 XT
1,686 Posts
We put my son's rear facing seat in the middle of my SF and it was fine. Now that our daughter is due any day now, she's going to have to be off to one side, hopefully she can fit behind the passenger side as I already have problems getting into my seat with how short I am and the SG FSTi seats sitting higher than normal :lol:
Will there be room for one baby seat in center and the other on the side?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts