Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After taking my wife's 12 year old Accord to the dealership and finding it needed about $4k in repairs, we decided is time to start looking for a new car. The Accord was her first new car. She wanted to look at a CRV which I wasn't against since it's her daily driver but I told her we should at least look at the competition. She quickly rules out the Mazda, and Toyota. Then she saw the Forester Sport and immediately fell in love. For someone who isn't really into cars I got excited seeing her watch you tube videos of it and telling me all about the safety features. We took delivery of a White Sport, with package 24 yesterday and she couldn't be happier. I admit I like the styling and the interior. My only wish was a little more pep, but that's not important to her.
So while being a good husband this morning I decided I'll go grab donuts, take her car out for a little drive. My first time alone in it.馃槉
On the way home in our neighborhood a lady walking decided not to look before stepping into the road. She was in her own little world going to cross the street from the sidewalk. I was doing maybe 30, which is the limit. The Forester stopped just in time mere feet away from hitting her. It took all my energy not to jump out and yell at her. She waved as to say sorry I'm an idiot and thank you for not killing me. Well that sold me on the car. Had I been in my Suv, I more than likely would have run her over from not being able to stop in time.

Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
Congratulations on your new Sport. I'm amazed at all the capabilities of the safety features.

Reactions: Parootx

Registered
I also appreciate the safety features of the new Forester we just got for my wife. This was a deciding factor in our decision to upgrade at this time.

Congratulations on the timing of the purchase. Not just for the life saved, but also for trading before the huge bill. Typically I hear people say they spent a fortune in the months before moving on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts